Chapter 18

Maybe we're just trying too hard.
When really it's closer than it is too far

Cause I'm in too deep, and I'm trying to keep,
Up above in my head, instead of going under.
Cause I'm in too deep, and I'm trying to keep,
Up above in my head, instead of going under.
Instead of going under.

Seems like each time
I'm with you I lose my mind,
Because I'm bending over backwards to relate.
It's one thing to complain
But when you're driving me insane
Well then I think it's time that we took a break.

Maybe we're just trying too hard.
When really it's closer than it is too far
-Sum 41

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 18 (Edited)

What if, I never caught Zayn’s attention. What if, he never saw me? What if, my mom never died? What if, my dad never sold me? Then I never would have met Zayn. I would never have lost my virginity. I never felt this affection and care. I never would have got a chance to spend my life in this house. I would have never got a chance to meet Martha. I would have never fallen for Zayn. I never thought to sit next to him, or share my nights with him. I would have never told my secrets, my dreams to him. He never would ask me to be his girlfriend.

Only these two words have the capability to change my life. What if.
Everything was different today, if this never happened, if Zayn never made me his slave.
What if…..

I stare at him mouth gaped as the words left his mouth
“be my girlfriend”

This is not happening, this can’t be true. He can’t just ask me to be his girlfriend. You bet I’m happy, I’m shocked besides being happy. I never thought he feels something for me. I thought it was just sex what he wants from me but here he is asking me to be his girlfriend.

Oh someone please pinch me or slap me and wake me from my dream. But I know it’s not a dream

He looked at my shocked face sighing loudly. “Faith are you even listening to me”.
I cracked a nervous laugh. You just gave me such a shocking news that I never saw it coming and you are asking me that if I listening. No I’m just eating toast.

I nodded; I don’t think my voice supports me right now. Oh god I’m really in this situation. It’s really happening. He looks so serious his eyes are blazing with something I can’t put in words.

“Be my girlfriend…for a day”

and that’s when the cold water bucket hit me straight on my head, kicking me out of my unstoppable thoughts. That’s the moment I got hit by a hot rod.

Composing myself, I don’t think much just do what you always did. “Yes okay”. I bet I’m pale by now. All the color of my skin vanishes; I can feel myself becoming cold.

“I don’t know how but my parents find out that some girl was living with me, so I said you are my girlfriend. They are coming tomorrow for dinner. If you don’t want to I’m completely okay with it” his voice desperate and nervous.

“It’s okay I can be” I said “and it’s just for day” I said staring at anything but not him.
He nodded “fine, it’s late I will explain you everything in the morning, good night” he said sternly as he makes his way out of the dining room. I fell back on my chair feeling completely dumb and idiot.

How could I just start day dreaming about this? He is ZAYN MALIK. And I’m his slave. We can’t be together no matter how much I want this. This is not happening. And the next thing I do was I cry. I just cry. I felt hurt.

It feels like he just stabbed me hard in my heart and pulled the knife out with more force.

Nothing can change the fact that he doesn’t feel the same. I’m falling for him hard. And day by day his charm is just making me provocative.

I can’t sleep at night. I just stare at the ceiling my thoughts never getting shut. They just keep burning my head. Whenever I shut my eyes thoughts ramble again and again. Taking a nap at five a.m. in the morning I woke up by seven.
I showered changing into denims and t-shirt.
I went downstairs; Martha is off on Sundays but as his parents are arriving Martha was going to come by afternoon.

I sat on a stool in the kitchen sipping orange juice, I just stare at it. My thoughts are starting to hurt my head. I stare at nothing in particular. I felt numb.

“Faith” a voice made me jump. I clutched my heart in shock. I searched for the voice seeing Zayn standing besides me. “Uh—sorry I didn’t notice you” I mumbled out.

“I can see that” he smirks pouring some juice in his glass. I don’t know how long he was looking at me. I was just so into my thoughts like a retard. “I sent Torres to buy the breakfast” I nodded.

Torres is one of the guards here who manages all the servants. He just nods or yes or a no. he never talks to anyone until its particular, I found him weird.

“You, last night surprised me again” I choked my juice cough slightly out. “What—no how” I said. Oh shit did he know I like him. Crap!!!!
“Your alright” I nodded. “How did I surprise you” I said little astonished and curious to know.
He gives me his low husky chuckle “you just said yes to me, I mean that was quiet offending to ask something like that. But you always amaze me Faith” his said sincerely.

“Mr. Malik I told you earlier that I’m yours when I took my first step in this house” I said staring at his eyes, he stares at me back. “Right” he said. Smirking on his own. He looks as if he is in a good mood today.

After eating breakfast we both sat in his study. I glance out of the window, seeing the weather is foggy. Looks like snow is next to home. December is starting from today, this month always overjoys me.

“Faith, so as you know my parents are coming today. They may ask you questions about our relationship. Give them short replies. Okay?”  I nodded. “What if I chicken out and they caught me lying”.

“That is not happening, you’re a bright girl and know how to handle the situation” he said sternly.
“How would you know” I said glaring at him through my lashes.
He chuckled “Faith I know about you more than you could imagine”. I stare at him dumbfounded for long.

“Mr. Malik I’m nervous” I said in low voice. “Well it’s natural and you can’t call me by my last name in front of them” I nodded.
“And if anything happens, I’m there so not much to worry” he smiled at me. “I know you won’t disappoint me”. He nibbles my lower lip, taking me off guard.

I’m nervous and scared but Zayn says I can do this so I have to prove him. I don’t know if I ever will get enough of his charm but I really don’t want to.
He is perfect in his own way, besides all those hurtful things I felt which he does to me. But I’m falling for this man hard and it hurts me…..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author;s Note; don't hit me with something. sorry if its not what you expected. the story is already setup till the end so, yeah!!
and sorry its short chapter, i'm little busy with college work that's why :D
and thanxx for lovely comments and votes serioisly they means a lot to me. <3
and forgot to mention the #BESTSONGEVER omg i can't wait. boy really working hard man!!! i love them and the trailer tooooo and Zayn's mum part was quiet emotional <3

and chapter dedicated to @xxTheWriterxx thanx for banner i loved it :D

bye happy reading vote and comment