Chapter 31

No, I can't take one more step towards you
'Cause all that's waiting is regret
Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time
-Christiana Perrie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 31

By six I prepared myself to meet Austin. He already sent me the address of the flat, and when I was finished I took a cab. My hearts stopped thinking, now only my mind is. I felt numb. I’m not crying anymore and trust me I look at my worst. The weather was also at its worst. All the roads are drenched and covered in snow. I paid the cab driver as it stopped at the front of the huge building. As I made my way to the apartment the receptionist stopped me in the lobby.

“How can I help you, miss?” she said, not taking her eyes off of the computer. “I’m here to meet Austin Parker,” I said. She nodded “Oh! His flat is on seventh floor.” I nodded. I took the elevator and stopped at the seventh floor. As the elevator door opened, I came to face with the only door in the whole corridor. If I was not nervous before I was now. I took a deep breath before ringing the door bell.

After a few seconds the door opened, revealing the biggest bastard of the decade. Austin. I glared at him, covering my scared self. His blue eyes were glistening with pride and he wore a smirk that made me want to puke at his pretty face. His tall figure hovered over my small frame.

“Come inside Faith. I've been waiting for you,” he said, turning around. I followed him inside.

I raked my eyes over his penthouse—well he’s rich, I can say by his living style. Though this house is much bigger that I expected, it couldn't compare to Zayn’s mansion. It wasn't bad with its' expensive furnishing and all modern-looking arrangement.

“Faith, listen to me,” he said as he makes his way to leather couch.

He sat, taking a glass half-filled with wine. He takes a small sip of his wine while raking his eyes all over me. I stood there glaring at him, my hands fisted at my sides.

“So…you know if you spill anything to anyone—“ I cut him off. “Yes, that you’ll tell Doniya’s fiancé and all of Zayn’s family about me. I know, stop repeating it,” I almost yelled through my gritted teeth. I have never felt so angry and vulnerable at the same time in my life.

He chuckled lightly making me want slap him across his fucking face. “Right.” He nodded
“Well…now what you have to do is—“ He again gives me an amused smirk that shows he was building up to something really bad in his head. “You have to wear this,” he gestured his hand to the shirt he was wearing. What? He notices my expression. He places his glass back on the table and rub his hands through his pants before standing up.

He looks at his watch then at me. He starts un-buttoning his shirt. What was he doing? I took a few steps back. No, that’s not happening. I’m not some whore he can do anything with. No!

 “Look, stay away I’m not going to—“ I stuttered.

 “Trust me I have no intention to fuck you—You’re not my type. Well, certainly you are, but no I have better options,” he smirks at his own hideous self. As much as I felt relief by listening to it I still felt a little pang in my chest. Did Zayn also lose interest in me now?

Well obviously he did. “Here, go and wear it. Remove your clothes; keep only your lingerie and wear this.” He handed me his shirt. I threw it back at his face.

“I’m not fucking wearing your shirt and why are you even doing this you prick?” I barked at his face. I didn't know where this anger came from but I felt proud of myself. He clenched his jaw before holding me by my arm. I winced in pain; his grip was so tight.