Chapter 30

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead"
-Adele

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 30

It’s been two days…two long nerve-racking days without him. I felt horrible, a mess. I tried to find something to distract me but everything ends up with me thinking about him, crying over him.

I looked around at my atmosphere when I first entered in this flat. Everything was perfect in here, but not perfect. He’s not here. He just gave me this two-bedroom flat at a very expensive area in London but far away from him. He put me in the very best medical school here, and paid all the expenses. Why?

Why is he doing this? I remember in the agreement that it’s written, "If my owner wants me to leave he can let me leave without having to pay anything." But why is he doing this? I tried to refuse it, but it was no good. I’m not able to face him. This is the only thing by which I’m connected to him; that’s why I never refuse it.

I stared at my phone hoping he would call me. But I know it’s not going to happen.

I sat on floor thinking about how much my life had changed. I know I’m crying but deep down I’m happy that I got a chance to spend the best time of my life with the best person I have ever met. He’s the one that made my dull life brighten; as the sun rises and brightens the whole world Zayn did the same to me. But it’s the universal fact that as sun raises it sets also. So did Zayn…he also left me falling in the darkness.

Maybe I could tell him what I feel for him. I know it doesn’t change the fact, but I don’t have to load this burden on my shoulders. I love him and always will. Nothing can change that.

He’s going through rough time; his past always haunts him. I can see that lost boy in his eyes. He needs someone, maybe me. But he refuses to let me in. Maybe he gave me a chance, just maybe. Maybe I could help him.

But now he’s gone. He doesn't even bother to call me. Martha called me twice asking how I’m doing. I missed her, too. She’s someone I really want in my life as a mother/friend figure. My thoughts instantly cut off by the sound of my phone ringing. I ran to the room to answer it.

I pressed the button to take the call. “Hello?” I murmured, hoping maybe it was Zayn. But to my disappointment the raspy voice I heard made me want to throw the phone away. It was none other than Austin, the reason I’m away from Zayn.

“Faith, listen, don’t you dare hang up,” he said with anger and loathing in his voice. “What do you want from me now?” I said through gritted teeth. Yes, I was scared as hell because from the day he entered into my life, everyday with him is miserable.

He laughed on the other side making me want to cringe. “I want you here at my penthouse by evening. Got it?” he ordered me. Who the hell does he think he is? I may be a whore or slut or slave, but I still had my self-respect left. Why would I even listen to his rant?

“What makes you think I’m going to come if you tell me?” I said, my anger burning inside me like lava. “Faith, hear me out first.” I can feel him smirking. Bastard.

“If you don’t come here Faith that will be bad for Zayn,” His name was enough to make me shudder at the spot. I held my phone tightly to my ear in anger, my breathing ragged. “What? Zayn?You can’t do anything to him,” I stated. It's obvious he can't do anything. Zayn is a powerful man.