Chapter 24

“Feet don’t fail me now
Take me to the finish line
Oh my heart it breaks every step that I take
But I’m hoping at the gates,
They’ll tell me that you’re mine”
-Lana Del Rey

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.

Chapter 24 (Edited)

I’m looking at myself in the mirror. Seeing if I’m enough presentable for this family. Zayn was busy taking a shower so; I quickly changed into a plum colored chiffon dress. We have to meet the whole family downstairs they all are settling with their dresses for tomorrow. I’m waiting for Zayn so, we both can go downstairs.

I’m looking good I guess. My dress knee length suits my body, my nude pumps making me look taller. Neutral make-up and hair curled slightly. I look like his girlfriend. They will never suspect me. My lies were safe in this look. My real self bottled up and hidden deep inside me. But it’s still with me. Deep down inside me. But if any one suspects me…they look at me differently—treat me differently. Nothing would be same. No affection, love, care—nothing. Will Zayn show me his back? No he can’t. But he can.

As much as I want to ignore it, the fact is I can’t hold this lie. It’s cutting me slowly. Like a prey eating his victim slowly. I could die. I’m dying…slowly I’m dying in his charm. Damn him.

“Faith” a soothing voice makes me jump out of my thoughts. I looked in the mirror; behind me stands Zayn.
Looking at me intensely like he was searching for some untold expression. I sucked in some breath trying to compose myself before my legs go jell-o. His effect makes me churn. We said nothing just starred at each other. He looks confused like he wants to tell something but can’t find the words.
I look as he closed his eyes and opens after a brief second looking at me.

“Faith my—my Grandmother died here” I was lost for a few seconds as his raspy voice processed in my head.  I abruptly turned around looking at him. He didn’t say anything for minutes. His eyes hooded. I thought he was never going to continue. But he did. “She died in Bradford…that’s why I don’t like to come here”

I moved forward holding his left hand nervously but to my surprise his long warm finger intertwined with mine. He looked like a lost boy…begging for comfort.

We’re close enough that I can feel his breathing…his after shower cologne. He licked his lips gaining some moisture. “This place reminds me of her” he sighed loudly. This Zayn was not near to the one I saw every day. He’s lost-confused. I leaned forward placing my hand on his cheek. He leans in letting me cares his cheek. His eyes looking in mine’s.

“You know you can trust me” I reassured him. He nodded. I moved my hand down to the nape of his neck in the back. Caressing his neck. My hand then settles in his raven black hair, fingers ruffling his hair.

“I know I can, but everybody leaves me as I get close to them.” His eyes were raw with emotions. My hand abruptly stops.

“I am never leaving you until you want me” I said. I never am that confident but seeing him lost making me strong enough for him and for me. “Faith…” he sighs. I lean forward and hug him. To my surprise he breathes out and hugged me back. I bit back a little satisfied smile that was creping on my lips. This is the first time we’re hugging. Beside that time when he assured me when I had a nightmare. This is the proper hug. He pulled me tightly, I did the same.

I can feel his heartbeats which are fast so are mine. His body heat that is warming me. His embrace can heal all the pain. It’s that comfortable. I don’t know how long we stayed like this but time doesn’t matter. His breathing became steady. I don’t want to push his hard limits. This topic is tough for him, I understand now.  I never knew what he has been through but he opened up to me again…I’m gaining his trust. It’s all I want. Maybe I can help him. His mother told me if he trust me enough he would tell me. And I think he sees me trustworthy enough to tell me about his grandmother.

I remember when he said ‘I’m escaping from my past’. That makes me think what else he’s holding inside. I can only wait until he tells me. Like he did now. I know this conversation had ended when he hugged me. Maybe sometime later he would tell. I can only wish for it.

I didn’t pull away neither did he. But the stupid door opens abruptly we both pulled away. My hair which were pressed on his corset sticks out fanning my face.

We both looked at the door seeing Waliyha standing looking at us eyes out. I flushed. “Uh—oh I’m sorry if you guys are disturbed but uh—mom wants you both downstairs” she is also blushing not meeting Zayn’s eyes or mine.
“Waliyha knock the door next time—we’ll be there in a minute” this is the first time Zayn speaks. His voice controlled and angry at his sister. Waliyha nodded her face saddened as she closed the door.

Zayn inhaled a deep breath closing his eyes briefly. He ruffled his hair. As I observed him, his eyes meet mine. “Never come close enough, that later you’ll regret it—I’m telling you again” he looks sad, his eyes narrowed. He turned around—“I never regret a single moment with you Zayn” my voice barely audible but confident. He stiffens at his spot.

“You’ll regret it later” he said, still his back facing me. “No I don’t—and I don’t care” I said surprised by my own voice. Maybe my love for him is saying this. I love this man so much that I can do anything for him. This confidence is something between this.

“Faith let’s go” he said moving in front of the door. I nodded following him.

He dropped it there—is that my victory. He just ignored what I said. Did he agree with me or not. He holds my hand a little tightly to my liking. Slowly making our way downstairs.

We were greeted by everyone downstairs. All the ladies are sitting on one side of the living room. Covered with a pile of clothes. Clothes are all sealed in poly bags. Zayn leaves me to join his father and others.

“Oh Faith here you’re—come join us we were about to open the dresses.” I smiled sitting on the couch beside Waliyha. Her face is upset from earlier.

“Uhm—Waliyha” I said. As she looked at me then back to ground. “Hey—please don’t be upset” she refused to reply for a very moment.

“I’m such a bad sister…Zayn only came here for a short period of time and I just messed it up. I’m such a bad sister” she whined about herself. I smiled at her, how innocent she is. I wondered.
“No—Waliyha you did nothing wrong. He was just upset about something and all the frustration he let it out on you” she looked at me with those pleading eyes.

“But he is mad at me” she said sadly. “No!!! He can’t be mad at you—he loves you to death.” I nodded at her smiling. “Really?” she asked furrowing her eyebrows. “Really—he can be jerk sometimes but he loves you” she chuckled when I call him a jerk.

“Faith—I miss him” she sighs. I literally hugged her in comfort. She hugged me back “he misses you more—he never says but he really does. And you three girls are his favorite in the whole world” she chuckled as she pulled away.

“I like you Faith” she said taking me by surprise. “Aww—thank you. You know I like you more” I exclaimed. “Go—talk to Zayn” she looked at me like I’m the last mad person alive. “NO”.
“C’mon go he’s not mad at you just go” she nodded making her way to Zayn. I smiled.

“Faith did you like it” Doniya said looking at me—when I noticed. She is holding a purple long dress in her hand. It’s a beautiful dress with black beads work on it—it’s just takes my breath away. I looked at it longer than I should. After she cleared her throat I noticed that she was expecting an answer from me.
“Uhm—yeah I just got mesmerized by it. It’s a lovely dress” I said little astonished and embarrassed.
“Yeah I’m wearing this tomorrow” they all were busy at their talking after that. I sat there chatting with them when my phone buzzed in my hand.

I jumped literally because it’s a long time since my phone ever rang. I swap the lock screen seeing I got a text from Zayn. I gulped looking down at my phone. I open the text.

‘So I’m a jerk’

My eyes almost fall out when I saw the text. I stare at it for a longer moment. I cursed at myself. Why I called him a jerk in front of his own blood related sister. Why on earth I thought she’s not going to tell him. Why on earth I sent her to clear things with him. Why! I sighed, then I look up at Zayn’s direction seeing him looking at me. Smirking. Not a nice smirk but an evil smirk. I gulped hard—he’s waiting for my reply.

My palms went sweaty as I touch the screen making a smudgy line on it. I rubbed my hands on my dress to make them dry. I quickly typed the most reasonable thing in the words.

‘I’m sorry’

I looked at him when he read he shook his head. He typed back.

‘Really Faith stop with the apologizing. You found me a jerk? Tell me honestly.’

I bit my lips, not sure to look at him or not. Then one more text pops on my screen.

‘Stop biting your lips’

I flushed as I read it…I nervously look up from the screen seeing him looking at me. Eyes hooded.

‘Answer me’

geez—he is being desperate.

I’m about to type when Tricia saves me. Phew. I release my breathe which I was holding.

“Yes—yes” I said moving my attention to the ladies.
“When you are busy texting Zayn—I’m saying that I have something for you” I blushed—smiling apologetically.
“Sorry—“I apologies. “It’s okay Hun. Come here” I stand up from the comfortable couch.

“Here—did you like it” She said holding a fade maroon colored dress. I just looked at it mouth hanging open. It’s really beautiful, long dress; very thin shimmery work makes it look elegant.

“Wow its pretty” I said lost at words. “You like it” she asked excitedly.
“Of-course it’s beautiful—I’m at lost of words” she smiled at my reply. “Faith it’s for you—I want you to wear it in the engagement” she grins nodding in my direction.

“Thank you Tricia but—I can’t take it” I said. As much as I love this dress I can’t take it. Not at all.
“It’s a gift from us please take it” she said. All the eyes in the room staring at me. This is what I’m thinking when I said they trust me and I’m playing with their feelings. I looked down.

“She takes it—Faith take it” I looked at my right seeing Zayn looking at his mom then at me.
I nodded “okay thank you” I said.

“Come I have to talk to you” Zayn said excusing us from the living room.

I followed him until we arrived in a long corridor. He abruptly stops shoving his hands in his pockets. Looking at me with narrowed eyes. “You didn’t bother to reply me” he said gazing at me.

“Tricia called me—I can’t ignore her” I stuttered. You’re screwed. My subconscious stated. Can’t you stop right now? I yelled at her.

“Hmm—so I’m a jerk” he said rubbing his chin. He looks amused and pretends to think something.
“No-no I just said that to cheer Waliyha—trust me you’re not a jerk” I tried to convince him.
“Oh really?” he said moving closer. I backed away.
“Yes she was really upset” I said— he nodded. “Now she thinks that I am a jerk” he said.

“No—actually she laughed when I said you’re a jerk” I bit my tongue as my mouth left the words. He looked at me intensely for a long moment. Shit—shit I’m going to die literally here if he keeps starring at me like this.
He chuckled “Faith look at your face”

I’m shocked—he’s laughing like a proper laugh. He never laughs, never. I let out a nervous laugh at him. “Let’s go I’m just pulling your leg and yes I’m a jerk” he turned around walking.

As I matched his speed, I whisper in his ear “you’re not a jerk”. He just stares at me and I smiled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's nite; hey guys i updated :D did you like the chapter?
Comment| Vote|

anyway i\'m home alone for two days Yay:) so maybe i update soon ;) don't think i'm going to throw a house party...i'm going to write :) enjoy peace and eat :D
Banners much appreciated :)
bye love ya hope you like it :)