4.0 Goodnight

Nobody around this damn drop ship cleaned up their shit. At least that's what Andromeda grumbled about as she walked around camp. She had even burned one kid's shoe to ashes for refusing to put it up.

            Bellamy came up to her as she watched it burn, "Looks like you're a ray of sunshine."

            Andromeda stared at the boot, "What is it, Blake?"

            "A hunting trip. You in?"

            "No, I've got plenty to do around here. Someone has to keep these kids in shape while you're away."

            "That's why I'm leaving Murphy behind."

            "Tsk," Andromeda scoffed.

            Bellamy shook his head, "You're right. You're in charge."

            "You still don't give me orders, Blake. I was going to do that anyway." 

At this Bellamy let out a good natured laugh that made Andromeda quirk a smile as well.

"Well as lovely as this chat has been," Andromeda said looking at the drop ship, "I'm going to see what I can do for Jasper."

As she walked away, Bellamy grabbed her arm.

"You know he's not going to make it, right?"

Andromeda ripped her arm from his grasp, "He will I have anything to say about it."

Andromeda stormed off to the drop ship to check on Jasper. She looked at the poor, moaning boy and wondered how much longer he would last. She didn't want him to die, but leaving him in this tortured state was too cruel.

"How is he?" she asked.

Clarke turned to her, "Honestly? Horrible."

"What can I do to help?"

"Really?" Clarke questioned stunned.

Andromeda glared at the blonde as if she had been personally insulted. Clarke let a sorrowful look make its way across her face. She nodded to Andromeda and beckoned her over to Jasper.

"Okay, hold him down," she commanded.

Andromeda grabbed both of his shoulders while kneeling next to his head. Fin grabbed his arms while Wells and Monty grabbed his legs. Clarke sterilized the knife and went for his chest. She started cutting into his chest with a sickening ripping sound. Andromeda was sure that she would never forget the sound of his tearing flesh for the rest of her life.

Octavia and Bellamy rushed into the room at the sound of his screams.

"Stop, you're killing him!" Octavia shouted to Clarke. Andromeda slapped her hands away as Octavia tried to take the knife from Clarke.

"She's trying to save him," Finn explained.

"She can't," Bellamy responded.

Andromeda looked up from Jasper, "Who's the ray of sunshine now?" She then turned back to her work of holding him down.

Clarke was apparently fed up with Bellamy's pessimistic attitude and Andromeda was too, "We didn't drag him through miles of woods just to let him die."

"Kids a goner, if you can't see that you're deluded. He's making people crazy."

            "Sorry if Jasper is an inconvenience to you," Clark said shortly, "but this isn't the Ark. Down here, every life matters."