11.0 I Will Follow You Into the Dark

Bellamy POV

The flares from the night had finally burned out and Bellamy had hoped that the Ark had seen them. The idea that he would be the cause of three hundred people's death sent a cold feeling into his stomach. At the moment he wasn't concerned about that. No one had reported to him that Octavia and Andromeda had returned from the forest. He had waited another hour before he started to panic. Andromeda wouldn't let anything happen to Octavia, he was sure of it. With a torch in his hand he had set out to search the camp for them.

He ripped open their tent and found it empty.

"Octavia," he called out. No response. "Andromeda." Still no response.

After searching almost every tent in the camp, he came to Clarke's. When he looked inside, he saw her awake fidgeting with her hands.

"You're up?" he asked her somewhat frantically. No reason to ask other than to check if she'd seen the girls.

"Yea," she exited the tent, "Knowing that hundreds of people might be dying on the Ark makes it pretty hard to sleep."

"Raven's flares will work," he said firmly. He had to believe that they did.

"A radio would've worked better."

He ignored that statement but the cold feeling had returned in his gut.

"Have you seen Octavia or Andromeda," he asked her.

"No," she shook her head, "It's Octavia. She's probably chasing butterflies."

"Andromeda wouldn't," he said sharply. "Clarke, I've checked the camp. They're not here. Andromeda was with Octavia and you and I both know that she wouldn't just let her run off and not come back. They're missing."

Clarke considered what he said before agreeing, "Okay, I'll help you find them. Let's check again. You go to the drop ship, I'll check the rest of the tents."

"Thank you," he said with relief. They would be found soon, he knew it. The very idea of them in trouble made him sick.

"Don't thank me, I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for them. Besides I couldn't let anything happen to Andromeda."

He made it about two steps in the direction of the drop ship before Clarke's voice stopped him, "What's going on with Andromeda?" He set his jaw and just glared at the blonde. "Gotta ask. We were, are, friends."

He turned around again but threw her a "Who knows?" before he was out of earshot.

Andromeda POV

Andromeda woke up due to a pounding in the back of her head. She would have to stop getting knocked out or risk serious brain damage. She realized that she was lying on the ground and when she opened her eyes, she found herself staring at a cave ceiling. She struggled to sit up. Her side screamed in pain causing her to wince and groan as she moved.

"I'm so happy you're awake," she heard from her right.

Octavia was leaning on her elbows with her right leg at an awkward angle.

"I'm not," Andromeda groaned sourly.

"I wasn't sure you would sometimes."

Andromeda managed to sit up a little bit but quickly slumped back down to the dirt from pain erupting in her side .

"What happened?," she asked from the floor.

Octavia hesitated, "A Grounder has us."

Andromeda froze. A Grounder? She felt as if she could see the end drawing near. She wouldn't see any of her friends again. She stopped panicking to think rationally. If the Grounder wanted them dead, why where they here breathing and talking? Andromeda looked around. Everything was sideways but she could still make out plenty of books but along with those books were various animal skulls.