13.0 Kryptonite

Andromeda POV

Hours had passed and Andromeda's shoulders were sore beyond belief. At this point her shoulders hurt her more than her side did. After many attempts, she had managed to get herself up against the cave wall allowing her side to receive a break from its abuse. She hummed to herself to pass the time. Hunger and thirst had started to plague her at this point. She would give anything to have a cup of water.

She heard footsteps and immediately ceased humming. The Grounder reappeared but this time he was carrying Octavia in his arms. Andromeda sighed and slumped in defeat. Now they both were going to die. He lay Octavia down on the ground next to Andromeda and went back to the shelf that he had gotten her own chains from.

"Why are you taking care of me?" Octavia asked the Grounder.

Andromeda rolled her eyes, "He won't respond. I doubt he even speaks English because if he did he'd understand all of the names I've been calling him for the past two hours."

Octavia ignored her and kept on talking to him, "You found us at the bottom of that ravine. You fixed my knee."

Andromeda saw this coming but there was no way for Octavia to escape. The Grounder firmly grabbed Octavia's hands and bound them with the chain links to tie her up with Andromeda.

"What the hell are you doing?" Octavia pleaded with him, "Please don't do this. Stop it! No! Stop! Please! Please, don't do this!"

While Octavia cried while Andromeda shouted at the Grounders receding form, "I'm going to kill you!"

Bellamy POV

They had finally caught up to Roma but when they did, it was too late. Roma was impaled with a spear much like Jasper was. Bellamy scowled as he closed Roma's open eyes. He felt guilty. The only reason she came was to gain favor with him hoping he would see her differently. It made him angry with himself.

"She only came because of me," he whispered to Finn who came up behind him.

Finn didn't care, "They can kill us whenever they want."

"Then they should get it over with!" Jasper bellowed his voice echoing in the forest. Finn and Bellamy rushed to him trying to shut him up but they couldn't and it was too late. The Grounders had reappeared and were coming in for the kill.

"They're coming!" Monroe shouted.

This was it. This was the end Bellamy thought. There was no way out and they were going to die like wild dogs. The Grounders were meters away but suddenly stopped when a loud horn echoed in the distance.

"They're leaving," Bellamy muttered.

The Grounders turned around and were gone as quick as they came.

"That horn," Jasper wondered, "What does it mean?"

"Acid Fog," Finn explained.

He quickly opened up his pack and retrieved parachute material from it. Bellamy was never gladder to have Finn with him.

Bellamy sighed with relief at once crisis adverted but another had just presented itself. Acid Fog. After hiding in the tent, Bellamy poked his head out to check the surroundings. There was no acid fog. Once again, their search had been delayed.

"There's no acid fog," he told the others as he exited the tent.

"Maybe it was a false alarm," Finn wondered.

Bellamy spotted movement in the distance and tensed up. Between the trees he saw another Grounder.

"They're coming back," he announced as he readied himself for a fight once more.