28.0 I'm So Sorry

Bellamy POV

When he stepped into the drop ship, Murphy shot a warning shot by his feet.

"That's good. Then do what I said," Murphy told him.

The radio called in, "Bellamy?" Bellamy's heart hurt as he heard Andromeda's voice over the radio, "Bellamy, are you okay?"

Murphy grabbed the radio, "You want her to know you're alive? Start tying."

After a moment hesitation, Bellamy leaned down and grabbed the seat buckles from the drop ship.

"I'm fine," he told her, "It was just a misfire. Now stop worrying about me and get back to work. All of you. And tell Raven to hurry her ass up."

"Alright now that's enough," Murphy told him, "That's long enough now tie those two ends together."

Bellamy kept tying the belts together but paused when he heard Andromeda's voice again over the radio.

"Murphy, I swear, if you hurt him, I will hunt you down until the ends of this god damn Earth. You thought I'd kill you slowly before, well you were dead wrong."

Murphy put the radio to his mouth, "Well I don't think your precious Bellamy will be doing so good if you keep threatening me."

The radio went silent and Murphy smirked at Bellamy.

Bellamy looked down at his hands and with a sickening realization; he noticed that his hands had tied a noose. Andromeda was right; Murphy did want him to die.

"Alright, now get up and toss it over," Murphy ordered him.

He followed Murphy's orders then paused.

"What do you want me to say? You want me to apologize? I'm sorry," Bellamy tried to stall the inevitable in hopes that Raven could get that door open.

Murphy smirked, "You've got it all wrong, Bellamy. I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel what I felt and then I want you to die."

Murphy had Bellamy drag a chair over so that Bellamy could stand on it while Murphy taunted him.

"Stand on it," Murphy said emotionlessly.

Bellamy did just that.

"Put it over your head."

"This is insane! The Grounders could be..."

Murphy fired a warning shot and Bellamy shut up.

Bellamy gulped and put the noose around his neck, "Happy now?"

Murphy tugged on the belts to put pressure around Bellamy's neck. Bellamy reached his hands up to try to alleviate that pressure.

"You're so brave, aren't you?" Murphy taunted, "I mean you came in here thinking that you were going to turn this whole thing around. That you were stronger than me. That maybe one of your friends would come and help you. Well what are you thinking now, Bellamy?"

When Bellamy gave no response, Murphy tugged on the rope and Bellamy was deprived of air to his lungs but Bellamy would not give in. Murphy released him and continued taunting him.

"You know, I've got to hand it to you, Bellamy. You've got them all fooled. They look up to you, almost as much as they look up to Clarke. But we know the truth, don't we? You're a coward. I learned that the day you kicked out that crate from beneath me. Isn't that what you said? That you were just giving the people what they wanted right?"

Bellamy felt a stone of guilt settle into his stomach.

"I should've stopped them," he admitted to Murphy.