26.0 Dark Star

The rest of the day passed with Andromeda doing rounds of patrol with Miller. She thought about her conversation with Raven as she paced back and forth. Were they truly doomed? We're they going to die like sitting ducks without bullets? What good could children do against trained killers? The only way Andromeda stood a chance was with the gun in her hand.

When the hunting parties came back, the sun had fallen she was relieved of duty and went to find Bellamy. She had this nagging need in her stomach to talk to him. She couldn't find him anywhere so she went to his tent and sat on his bed waiting for him. When he came in he paused for a moment with a small frown on his face.

"You know this isn't the worst sight in the world," he said quietly.

Andromeda chuckled to herself before raking her eyes over him to check for any injuries. Once she was satisfied, she stood up and put her gun on Bellamy's table that he'd rebuilt after she destroyed it. That seemed like such a long time ago to her.

"What are you doing in here?" he asked her.

"I just came to report about today. Miller saw nothing in the woods and around here it was all quiet."

Bellamy nodded, "Good."

"Raven tried to leave today," Andromeda said in a forced nonchalant voice.

"What?" he exclaimed.

"Finn and Clarke being together is harder than I thought on her. She was almost in tears. You'd think they wait more than a day to get together."

He sighed, "It doesn't matter as long as Raven doesn't do this again. We won't survive without her here. How did you convince her to stay?"

"I told her the truth with a little flattery," she admitted, "She's going to build us radios to use in combat. They should be ready by the end of today."

"Good. We're going to need them with the Grounders come."

She shrugged, "Bellamy we're not going to survive this."

Bellamy placed his gun down on the table next to hers before coming over and standing next to her.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean the Grounders are going to come and when they do, we're dead. Don't give me that look. You know it's true. We can only delay the inevitable."

Bellamy rubbed his face between his hands before looking back at her, "What am I supposed to do, huh? Tell everyone that we're all going to die? Tell them that all this work is for nothing?"

"I'm not telling you to do anything! I just want to know if you're as scared as I am!"

He just stared at her. Andromeda stood shocked at her sudden admittance. She'd never said those words aloud but now that they had been said, she knew they were true. There was silence between the two of them as the sounds of their heavy breathing filled the tent. Andromeda watched his face, as he seemed to be warring with himself.

"We're not dying yet," as soon as Bellamy said this he grabbed Andromeda's cheeks and crashed his face down onto hers.

Immediately their mouths worked in sync with one another. Andromeda gasped at the sudden pressure and Bellamy worked in tongue into her mouth. Their bodies were so close together that she didn't think anything could've separated them now. Bellamy's hand ran down her side and she arched into him. Their hips grinded together and she let out a soft moan when Bellamy's leg found its way between hers. Bellamy worked his lips on the side of her neck tracing over the faded remains of his mark. She could feel his hot breath in her ear.