Chapter 4

***Picture of JT on the side! :)  >>>>>

Chapter 4

When I arrived home from school, the house was silent. "Aunt Lisa?" I called. No answer. I shrugged. She was probably still at work, or picking up some groceries.

            School today had been pretty uneventful. Angela had asked me a few times if I had gotten home alright, to which I replied that I had gotten a ride with Nick. She didn't question me after that. As of the school's new bad boy, it appeared as if he had skipped. This certainly got rumors to start spreading about how he had to move to a different country or was thrown in jail for whatever reason. It's really pathetic how one jerk could just waltz into our school, and suddenly everybody's lives revolved around him. Like, gosh people, get a life.

            I went into the kitchen, poured myself a bowl of cereal and plopped down on the living room couch before turning on the T.V.  I was flipping through the channels when a picture on the news channel caught my eye. It was of a small building—a shop. I squinted at it. It looked familiar. Then it hit me—it was the jewelry shop that Angela and I were at last night. I leaned forward on the sofa, suddenly interested in what the news lady was saying.

            "…break-in at the Diamond Hill Jewelry Shop—124 Madison Lane. According to the owner of the shop, Jerry Fitzpatrick, a masked, cloaked man walked into his store at around 8:00 pm, immediately pulling out a gun and demanding to be given a certain necklace, one which had just been sold to a customer," the news-lady stated, giving the camera a serious look. At this point, I was already on the edge of the sofa, wide-eyed, golfing down Cheerios like a mad-woman.

"It was stated that around this time, the cloaked man shot and killed one of the employees, Chastity Arnolds. She was twenty-two years old." A profile of Chastity shot across the screen for a brief moment.

"Fitzpatrick then went on to explain that the customer that had bought the necklace sprinted out the door of the shop, soon followed by the cloaked man. As of now, we do not know who or where the customer is, as she had paid with someone else's credit card. The police are currently trying to track her down." I began shaking my head rapidly, mumbling "Mmmmph!" through the Cheerios in my mouth, as if trying to telepathically tell the police not to track me down. Of course, they didn't hear me. Who would?

"When police arrived at the scene, they were caught by surprise. Written on the glass window of the shop in what appears to be blood, was a message." A picture of the window covered the television screen, while the news-lady read it aloud.

I always get what I want, cupcake.

–A

My jaw dropped open, and soggy Cheerios came tumbling out of my mouth back into the bowl.

"The cloaked criminal, who refers to himself as "A," appears to be addressing someone in this message, although investigators are still unsure who."

No no no…This cannot be happening. It isn't me. It isn't me.

"Meanwhile, Fitzpatrick is currently at the local hospital being treated for minor bruising around his neck. There will be a funeral for Arnolds this Sunday at Veteran's Church. If anyone has any information regarding this incident, please call the number below."

I quickly reached for the remote and shut the T.V. off. The house suddenly became as silent as it was when I entered; the only sound I could hear was my rapid breathing.

My eyes caught sight of my  cell phone next to me. I should probably call the police. My hand began reaching out, when I stilled, yanked my arm back, and hugged it to my chest. Images of my encounter with A flashed through my mind. No. He'll find me. He'll get me.

I have to tell the police though.

I reached out and grasped my phone in my hands, slightly shaking. Just as I was about to dial the number, a sudden thud caused a yelp to tear through my lips and the phone to go flying out of my hands. I leaped across the room and landed on the floor with an oof, but managed to catch it before it hit the ground. That was close.

"Violet, honey, I'm home," a voice chirped from the foyer.

I looked to my right, still sprawled on the floor cradling my cell phone in my hands, and saw a pair of twig-like legs walking toward me. I twisted my head up, my sheepish smile meeting my aunt's amused one. "How many times have I told you now to throw your phone around like that?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed as she helped me up. "Well, maybe I wouldn't have been 'throwing my phone around' if somebody had opened the front door a little more quietly."

"Yeah, well, the entertainment's got to come from somewhere." She ruffled my hair. "How was your day, sweetheart? You look pretty worn-out."

I put on my best everything's-normal smile. "Yup, everything's fine. It was just a stressful day at  school. You know the work they give us."

Her eyes were scanning my face, but she smiled and nodded nonetheless. "Hm, you should probably go on up to bed then. Get some rest."

"I’ll do that! Night Aunt Lisa!" I ran upstairs before she could reply.

------------------

There's Chapter 4..Don't forget to leave some feedback! ^_^

*********************************

Make sure to check out Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight!

Title: No Way Out

Author: tryptopatz

Genre: Horror/ suspense/ fan fiction

Summary: 16-year old Nicole Freeman and her boyfriend, Louis Tomlinson, hit the road outside London to spend a time together for their first anniversary as a couple in an isolated picturesque place known as Eden Lake.

Their almost perfect day was suddenly shattered by a group of unruly teenagers with their boisterous dog; loud music and an unsettling crave for cigarettes and pot. When Louis and the group had a confrontation, it led to a hideous outcome which made the group completely at rage. The couple’s perfect getaway turned into a fight for survival as they try to escape the retribution of the murderous teenagers.

Link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/5770925-no-way-out-1d-fan-fiction

**************************************