Chapter 13

Really sorry for the long wait! Here's the next chappie! :)

Chapter 13

Landon had my necklace. The necklace that A supposedly stole from me a few nights ago when he paid a visit to me, nearly scaring me to death in the process. And that meant that Landon and A must be one and the same. Landon was A. A was Landon. I just could not get that thought around my head. Landon seemed so sweet, and A was cruel and ruthless. This was like two puzzle pieces with completely different curvatures—they simply did not fit.

            Was it possible that the necklace A took, and the necklace Landon was wearing were not the same? Maybe one was a replica.

            No. They were the same. The color matched. The shape matched. The size matched. And the engraving on the back matched. Exactly.

            Landon had said his grandmother had given it to him. And he had talked about it like he really admired it. Was he lying? Did he simply make up a story to lead me farther and farther into an endless maze of secrets and confusion? If so, then he was a darn good liar.

            I felt like ripping my hair out in confusion as I darted through the empty school hallways and into the parking lot. It was at times like these when I cursed myself for not having a car, or even some old, messed-up vehicle. Anything to get me out of this place. For now, I'd have to settle for walking.

            But where would I go? I was in desperate need of a plan; something I could call 'my next move.' I needed to gain back the upper hand, because at the moment, the criminal that probably planned to skewer my head was two giant steps ahead of me.

            I knew his identity though. I knew A's identity. I should go to the police and turn him in. A grin finally settled on my face. Yep, that's what I was going to do. I was going to turn him in to the police, land him in jail, and then finally get to live a happy normal life.

            "Why are you grinning like an idiot?"

            The smile instantly disappeared from my face. I swiveled my gaze to my right, where a sleek black car was inching down the road, next to the sidewalk I was walking down. It reminded me of the bat mobile, for some reason. Looking through the window frame, my eyes met luminescent green orbs.

            "You're driving on the wrong side of the road, dumbass," I retorted.

            My eyes caught the slight shrug of his shoulders as the corner of his lips tugged upward. "The police can't catch me."

            I narrowed my eyes at his cockiness. "I bet they could if I dropped a little hint for my aunt at the station." I mentally grinned. I could turn both of them in at the same time. It would be like killing two birds with one very shiny, very magical stone.

            "Oh yeah?" He looked amused. "Tell me, what exactly would you tell them? Any proof? Any actual information?"

            I blinked as I realized he was right. I didn't have any proof, and I knew basically nothing about him, besides his name. "I'd tell them your name." Zayn Ryder.