Chapter 9

Ok, I just want to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone who's been reading this story and supporting me by voting and commenting. You people helped me make it onto the What's Hot list!!! Humor: #364, Romance: #527 ^_^

----------------

Chapter 9

"Hey, Honey?" my aunt called out from the kitchen while I was strewn on the couch flipping through the channels on the TV. "I just got off the phone with my boss. He's calling me in to the station again." She appeared in the living room with a phone grasped in her hands. Aunt Lisa was a cop—and a pretty good one at that—so this kind of stuff happened often.

            "What? This late?" I replied, my eyes shifting from the TV to her.

            "Yeah, apparently it's so urgent that it couldn't wait until morning." She rolled her eyes. "You'll be alright her alone, won't you?"

            I gave her a small smile. "Don't worry about me, Aunt Lisa. I got JT next door if I ever need anything."

            She laughed. "I guess you're right." Her eyes swiveled to the TV. "I also wanted to talk to you about that," she pointed to the television screen.

             I swiveled my head around, just in time to see that I had flipped to the news channel. "Police are still trying to track down this hooded criminal—" the news-lady was saying. I immediately pressed the power button on the remote, switching the TV off.

            "Hah, news, get's old, you know?" I stretched my lips into a nervous smile.

            My aunt raised an eyebrow at me. "Well, this "A" character is dangerous, honey, so I want you to stay inside the house as much as possible while I'm gone."

            My mouth formed an oval shape. "But—"

            "I'm not telling you to be socially deprived. I just want you to be careful. No going out alone, lock the doors, you know the drill."

            "I'll be safe, Aunt Lisa, I promise" I said, giving her a small smile. I hope.

--------------------------------

            "So she just left? Just like that?" Angela asked.

            "Yup, she got called in to the station," I commented, rolling my eyes playfully. It was currently almost 10pm and Angela and I were video chatting. My aunt had left about an hour ago, and the night had started to reflect shadows in my room, freaking me out a bit, so I needed someone's company.

            "Why don't you just stay at JT's house?"

            "I would, but I called him earlier and it sounded like he was busy." I shrugged. "I can survive a night here alone."