The dress

Feyre POV

Nenya and Niamh had worked magic upon me. I had soon discovered the names of my newly claimed servants. They may find my ways odd, but my willingness to demand their loyalty and give them orders seemed to put them at ease, as much as it made me uncomfortable.

I stood and stared at my reflection in the mirror. A wide eyed beauty stared back at me, lips shiny and parted in surprise, and a light rouge subtly added colour to my cheeks. Some how my hair had been woven up into a pattern of glossy curls and waves that were cleverly encircled by gems that contained their own light,  they seemed to emit a throbbing glow like the coals in a fire place.

My eyes strayed downwards to the lavish black dress I wore. An elegant gown of black lace firmly hugged every curve of me. It fit me like a second skin, as if the person who had designed it had intimate knowledge of every dip and curve of my body. I flushed at the thought of how Rhysand knew such things. Then my thoughts strayed back to all of the nights under the mountains that he had watched me dance for him and sat me in his lap like a puppet. I scowled deeply at the memory. Then shook my head, because despite everything, he alone had kept me alive down there. This gown was much more modest than the flimsy gossamer strips that I had worn the last time I was to be his 'guest'. I looked myself up and down and couldn't help but notice the smugness of my little smile. I turned and admired the deep cut low back that swept so far down my back that it accentuated the tightly gathered material that hugged my bottom, hips and thighs before dividing at the side and fanning out towards the floor to balance out my curves.

The gown was sensual, lovely and flattering... and yet there was something I liked even more about it...it was predatory. I looked like a lethal predator ready to pounce on my prey should it catch my eye. In this dress I was every inch "fit to accompany the Lord of the Night". A sharp in drawn breath from the doorway confirmed that I wasn't the only one who thought so.

I swirled in a way that showed off the full effect of my dress and prowled over to where Rhysand stood casually leaning in the doorway. His eyes swept unashamedly up and down my body and then stared hungrily at my face.

I don't know if it was the confidence of my dress or the left over adrenaline from using my powers for the first time - whatever it was though, I felt invincible. I boldly looked Rhysand up and down, noting the way his clothes were cut similar to mine - such that they pulled across his broad chest and tapered down towards his hips. My teeth tugged at my bottom lip playfully before I looked up into his slightly widened eyes. If he was shocked by my behaviour he hid is well. That is - until I continued to stalk my way all the way up to him, till I was less than a foot from his face. With a feline fluidity I turned, giving him a more advantageous view of the back of my fabulous dress, and leaned in closer until my breath was hot on his ear as I whispered "Don't worry. I can't seem to stop looking at me either".

He let out a breathy laugh before grabbing my wrist and pinning me up against the doorway. "Ssshhh" he crooned in my ear. "you don't want the help thinking we've been misbehaving before the fun has even started do you?" I pursed my lips and shook my head.

"Good girl.... Now before we leave this room there's some things you need to remember. Firstly, you are my guest".... "Mine" he breathed pulling me even harder against him. I groaned in protest but some small useless part of my brain couldn't stop panting over his close proximity and the firm feel of his muscular body pressed against mine.

"Secondly, this is the Night Court. Trust no one. Always be on guard... and don't end up alone in any dim lit passageways as you've shown a past propensity for". He smirked at me as the reminder of Tamlin's and my transgression under the mountain sank in.

"And lastly, don't cross me. There is no escaping here. You will carry out your promised week with me, each month- fighting hissing or... purring" he said as his warm wet mouth nipped my earlobe, sending heat coursing through me. "You choose".

Rhys pulled back far enough that he could look me in the eye and gauge my reaction. I was tempted to kick him in the shins for the arrogant way he claimed me with such certainty. Yet another small traitorous part of me wanted  to be claimed and belong to someone again. This was so messed up...'just a game' I inwardly reminded myself, before looking up and meeting his gaze. I did my best to look bored and disinterested. I shrugged and raised a brow.

"As you wish.... are you done yet? can we go now?"

Rhys straighten up and nodded, then with a movement too fast for me to see he was no longer pinning my arm against the wall - but had it tucked gently under his own as he escourted me down the long, winding hallway.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Rhys POV

I had intended to insult her when I arrived. It was a pattern that we were both use to and I felt the back and forth banter would help put her at ease. But as I materialised in the doorway what I saw literally took my breath away. The dress was exactly as I imagined it would be, tight and generous in all of the right places. I could feel the intensity of her emotions humming through our bond and when she turned and leveled her eyes at me, I was frozen where I stood. She strode towards me with a confident, fierce stride that made her hips swish-swish from side to side with each step.  My mouth went dry as she prowled towards me and then leaned in towards my ear. The sound of her breathing in my ear was driving me mad and then in the soft breathy voice she spoke.

"Don't worry. I can't seem to stop looking at me either".

A small chuckle escaped me as I registered my own words sensually flung back at me, and my laughter seemed to break the spell on me. I needed to take control of this situation. Quickly - I twisted and had her pinned up against the doorway. She looked pissed but the stutter of her heart and the sharp inward breath gave her away. I needed to make her wary. My Court was full of monsters, even some that walked in the guise of High Fey. She needed to fear me and obey me or this reckless confidence would see her dead. As I rattled off my list of demands I threw in a snide quip about the night under the mountain that I had found her squirreled away in the dark passageway with Tamlin. I instantly regretted it as jealously stung me. She was mine and I wanted to sink my teeth into her neck and claim her for the whole realm to see. Instead, as I drew in murmuring my last words, I nipped at her earlobe playfully.

When I drew back I saw her mask of control slip back into place.

"As you wish.... are you done yet? can we go now?" she asked in a bored drawl.

I grinned inwardly. She was magnificent. All of the games under the mountain had carved and chiseled away at her like stone, leaving a creation perfectly prepared just for me. She was every inch a Lady of Night.