Forever family

Hello my lovely readers,

Well here we are at the end of this little adventure. I am feeling a little emotional about it. I can't believe this story hit 10k views today! I was flattered that even one person wanted to read it.

Thank you all so much for your encouraging comments, votes and just the support you have shown by bothering to read this through till the end.

This chapter is twice the length of any other so I hope you enjoy the wrap up.

I have loved writing this - it has been such a wonderful experience.

If you have enjoyed this story and like my writing style then please let me know and also stay tuned because I intend to start something new soon!

Thanks again for giving me the courage to explore my inner author.

Till next time,

Spinlight xo

__________________

FEYRE

My palms were sweaty, my heart fluttered and I felt like my lungs were stretched tight in my chest. Rhysand stood in front of me with a crooked smile as he gently ran his hand down my spine. He was waiting for me to give the signal, to indicate that it was time to go. I looked up at him with eyes wide and scared and then did the most childish thing possible. I freaked out and ran away. I literally let out a yelp as all of my resolve crumpled and turned and ran out of the door. I was half way down the corridor when I thumped into something hard and unrelenting. Rhysand. I felt his firm hands grip my shoulders as he pulled me against his chest. I could feel from his shaking that he was laughing at me.

"Is someone a little bit frightened?" he quietly mocked.

I shook my head stubbornly and heard him laugh in response to my denial.

"I just...just... forgot something in my room," I replied defensively.

"What? Like your courage?" He scoffed.

I pulled back and scowled at him, my anger rising up within me.

"That's rich coming from you!" I retorted scornfully.

"I mean you're afraid to walk across the wetlands with me incase these is a boogworm!" I continued.

I smiled as the arrogant smirk was replaced with a dark scowl.

"We stopped our walk because I had High Lord duties to attend to!" Rhysand snapped, his face slightly flushed with anger or embarrassment.

A laughed shrilly and continued to prod the angry bear.

"Who would have known his darkness, the great and powerful Rhysand, would be afraid of a fat worm that is too lazy to even give chase!"

His eyes blazed and I knew that I had done my dash. Rhys could only be pushed so far before he snapped and when he did it was exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time. I waited for him to come back at me with some cold snapping brutally honest retort. Except that he didn't and what he did do was a hundred thousand times worse. His face transformed into a that smug arrogant smile of victory before he lunged for me, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Well we will just see how brave and mighty you are then, shall we?"

I squealed and slapped his back in protest and he strode a few steps forward towards our bedroom. My heart soared in hope of what was to come.

Rhysand chuckled wickedly as he heard my thoughts.

"Tsk, tsk," he said playfully, "I am punishing such behaviour, not rewarding it."