Pillow talk

I want you too.

The fierce hunger of her desire hit me through the bond. I tried not to stagger backwards as the full force of her longing washed over me.

I slowed my breathing as I rose from my chair and padded into the bathroom to buy myself some time. I turned on the tap and cupped handfuls of cold water, splashing it over my face.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

I took a few deep breaths and shook my head, trying to clear it of the blazing fire threatening to take control of me.

Every single part of me cried out that this was right and that she was mine to take. I smirked at myself. Since when had I ever thought such an easy decision through? Or even considered anyone other than myself in such things? In all my existence id taken whatever I wanted when it was offered and now, when offered the thing I wanted most, I hesitated.

I stared at myself in the mirror. Dark shadows swirled behind my violet eyes. What Amarantha had done to me had damaged me more than I cared to think about. Her careless and brutal use of my body had un-maned me in a way that I couldn't put to words. She had taken away my careless enjoyment of such things. I had been with a few courtiers in the initial weeks after I had reclaimed my kingdom. Yet it didn't satisfy me the way it once had. And now here was my own mate, begging for me to claim her, and I was afraid that I would feel the same emptiness with her and that it would break me. More than that I didn't want her to feel how I had felt after. After being forced. She wasn't in control right now and sometimes our bodies wanted things that our hearts and our minds were not ready for.

I took a deep breath and strolled back into the bedroom. Hopefully she had already passed out and I wouldn't have to reconsider my weakening resolve.

No such luck.

She grinned at me as I walked back in, raising an eyebrow in mock surprise at my still fully dressed self.

"Need help with the clothes?" she smirked.

I rolled my eyes at her as I unbuttoned my shirt and shrugged out of it, before unbuckling my belt and doing the same with my pants. I kicked them into a small pile to the side of my bed.

I was bare from the waist up and I could feel Feyre's eyes wandering over the muscular plains of my broard chest and hard stomach. From the waist down I wore my loose black under shorts. She looked at them in question and I shook my head and chuckled.

"Behave" I commanded.

She pouted.

I pulled back the covers and climbed into bed a respectable distance away from her. I dimmed the soft orbs that lit the room so that everything was softened into a blur of shapes and angles.

I felt her lift the covers and slip under them. She slid across the bed until I felt a soft bare leg wrap cross my own as she curled on her side and pressed up against me.

Her face nuzzled into my neck and she drew in a deep breath, breathing me in. She moaned softly in my ear, stirring the heat within me.

I lay very still as her hand gently brushed my neck and lingered over the place where my pulse beat rapidly. My racing heart rate only seemed to encourage her as she then boldly traced the firm curves of my abs, walking her fingers slowly and teasingly downwards. She ran her warm fingers
over the chiseled edge on my lower stomach before skimming over my hip bone and then tucking her thumb down into the waist band of my shorts. I let out a shuddering breath as I grabbed her hand and slid it back upwards until it was over my chest. I pinned it against my erratic heart beat as I tried to slow my wild breathing.