Missing pieces

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the short update- the next chapter is going to be the last one and I couldn't bring myself to drop that on you unannounced!

So it has been a full year since the challenge and someone had lost the 'spring' in her step ;)

I wonder if Rhys is ready to share her again? 

Hope you enjoy this little lead up to the end!

Till next time,

Spinlight xo

______________________

Feyre

I frown at the swirl of colour that crowds and overwhelms my vision. Green. So many shades of green. There is a willow swaying sadly in the breeze. Her soft coos calling all of the weary and broken hearted to rest. Her slender branches moving in a lulling motion to and fro beside the water. Amidst the steam the water sprite is laughing and her merriment rises like soft lofty bubbles, floating away and bringing joy to the world around her. The tender lambs are weaving in and out from beneath their mothers legs as they bleat out their tales of wonders newly discovered. Bright bursts of colour break through the sea of green as wild floors dots the hill with their vibrant indigo, violet and blurs. All around the whole world teams with life. And there in the midst of it was a patchy splash of gold and red that could only mean one thing. Lucien and Tamlin. 

I stepped back, my hands trembling as my paint brush clattered to the floor.

Spring. 

It had been one year since I had seen it. A full orbit of the skies. 

Some how there had never seemed like a right time to tell them.

I mean when is it ever right to burst back into someones life and announce that you aren't in fact dead, but living in the body of a traitorous bitch. 

At first I had been scared that others would find out and then everyone would know. I wasn't ready to be pulled back into that world or responsibility and attention. I liked my quiet life. Ha! - well as quiet as things could be when you were constantly on the arm of Prythian's dark sultry High Lord. I smirked at that, enjoying knowing the truth in those words, and that despite them he still chose me. 

I was giddy with love for the dark handsome and truly wicked Lord of darkness. His eyes never left me, his lips always teased me and his hands couldn't stay off me. We were notorious for scandalous behaviour around the manor. Actually, shocking the staff and embarrassing me was one of Rhysand's favourite games. Last night he had pulled me into a stores cupboard and had had ravaged me until I was moaning and breathless and begging for him to take me to his room. At that moment he had abruptly opened the door we were leaning against so that we tumbled out in front of three passing courtiers. I had flushed bright red and felt mortified by the incident. Rhys was nonchalant and oozed smugness. As the ladies shot us shocked and disapproving glances before scurrying away. 

It wasn't until later that night that I realised all three of those ladies had attempted to seduce Rhysand in the past month and all three had only doubled their efforts at his dismissal. I had been meaning to deal with them but hadn't known how.  Once again his radom antics had actually been a carefully crafted plan. I shuddered as I wondered what he was planning for me next. 

Speak of the devil. 

I felt Rhysand's reassuring presence as he entered the room and strode towards me. I felt panicked. A small part of me wanted to hide this painting from him. It felt traitorous. He was everything I had ever wanted. So why did I still want more? I was ashamed of this longing that had been growing in me, a longing for greener pastures.