When lightning strikes

ELLIANA

I closed my eyes and gritted my teeth as I scrunched the bed sheets beside me. I let myself become lost in the frenzy of panting and moaning, quietly chanting Rhysand's name again and again under my breath. I could never get enough of him. No matter how much he taunted me, left me, shut me out. It only made me want him more. In my whole, existence he was the only thing I couldn't have for longer that a moment. I shut my eyes even tighter and cried out in pleasure as I remembered all of the things he had done to me at Calanmai. Strong fingers entwined with my hair and yanked my head back as everything came crashing down around me. A moment later I felt the bed shift as he rose to leave. I kept my eyes closed until the footsteps stopped. Finally I opened my eyes and was surprised to find he hadn't left the room yet, but stood waiting by the open door. Deep auburn hair and cruel grey eyes stared down at my naked body appreciatively.

"Don't think I couldn't hear you chanting his name," the Autumn Court Prince snarled quietly at me.

"Not that is matters. I could taste my revenge all over you."

"Tomorrow she will be dead and I'm sure he will once again need a whore to warm his cold bed."

I stared up at him with a blank disinterested face, then yawned and curled up under the sheet to sleep.

When I knew he was gone for real I stared up and the ceiling and smouldered with hatred. My head kept denying it and telling me it wasn't true. That it was impossible. Yet somewhere deep in my heart I had known, known since the moment that I saw him staring at her from across the ball. Rhysand had finally fallen in love with someone and it wasn't me. I growled out loud in territorial fury. He was mine. Mine since hundreds of years before that human born abomination even walked the earth. And tomorrow I was going to take him back. That bitch queen had to die. Even if that meant teaming up with those despicable Autumn Court.

The deal had been made. The plan had been set. Yet as the prince went to leave he had grabbed her by the hair and pulled her mouth against his. She was surprised when she found herself kissing him back.

"Prove that you mean to go through with this," he had growled biting down on her lip so hard that she tasted her own blood. Was he mad? Rhysand was the only thing that she had ever wanted. She would give anything to get him. Even herself.

"Let me taste my revenge in you, or I'm out," he growled as he tugged her hips against his own.

She had understood. She wanted something tangible too. Some kind of punishment and price to know that she had really bought Rhysand. So she drew her claws down his back and tugged him towards her bed.

__________________________________________________

TAMLIN

It had been two weeks. Two weeks with no word from Hybern. Two weeks with no news of Lucien. He tried his best to keep himself occupied with Feyre's training and setting up the tournament. Yet in his heart he was fretting by the minute, imaging all of the cruel things that Lucien might be enduring. He swallowed hard as images of Lucien's shredded eye and flayed back kept springing to mind. It made his anger worse than ever, especially now that he had to share his days with the High Lord of the Autumn Court. He could feel him smirking at him, his cruel eyes cold with a defiant challenge despite the peace agreement that they had signed this morning.

I heard a shout from outside and sprinted towards the door. Two muscular Faeires were carrying a limp body between them. I roared and ran the last few steps to him, ripping Lucien's body away from them and carrying it with me inside to the infirmary. Once on the table I heaved a sigh of relief as I felt his faint pulse beneath my finger tips. He was still alive, just. But if I didn't work out the cause of his illness soon I would lose him for good. I roared in frustration and paced the room, running my hand vigorously through my hair in distress. As if in answer Feyre arrived. Her eyes wide with fear and her heart written all over her face. She stumble forward staring down at Lucien's face. She swept back his sweaty hair that was plastered all over his fevered face and then she laid her head down on his chest over his heart.