Epilogue

Hello Lovely Readers,

One week to go till we get the real thing! So excited for the next book and in the lead up I thought I would give you all a little something to tide you over till the book release.

Sorry for errors- I wrote this on my phone!

Hope you enjoy this little ACOTAR fix.

Much love and excitement,

Spinlight  xo

I couldn't breathe, my chest burnt and my throat tasted of vomit. I gasped and gasped as I clutched the walls of the bathroom. I felt a warm arm wrap around me and soft fingers sweep my hair back off of my face.

I wept as Rhysand drew me firmly against his chest and gently rubbed my back in soothing circles.

"More bad dreams?" He murmured into my hair, his lips pressing softly against my head between each word.

I lied, nodded my head and breathed a sigh of relief as I felt the final wave of nausea pass and exhaustion take its place.

Rhys' strong arms delicately gathered me up as he carried me back to bed.

I nuzzled into his chest and smiled as I felt his heart accelerate in response. I still couldn't believe this was real.

I heard him chuckle as those violet eyes twinkled down at me.

"Oh it's real alright. But after last night I can understand how you might mistake it for a dream."
Rhysand's smile transformed into a fully fledged smirk as a light blush stained my cheeks.

I rolled my eyes but secretly loved my infuriatingly arrogant and sexy mate.

Rhys lowered me onto the bed and I found myself cocooned in his warmth. His arms wrapped tightly around me and I felt butterflies flutter in my tummy as his hand unconsciously stroked my stomach.

He didn't know.

I hadn't found the right time to tell him. I knew it was cowardly of me but I was terrified about how he might react. He still saw himself as a monster and I knew that becoming a father would awaken all of those doubts.

I sighed as Rhysand's soothing fingers and breathing lulled me into a deep contented sleep.

I awoke refreshed and amazingly comfortable as I stretched out in our cloud like bed. I expected to hear Rhys' mocking retort as I took over the whole bed, yet as I stretched out I found no nearby competition.

I sat upright in the bed and squinted as the moon shone brightly in. That was the problem with this evernight - I had no idea what time of day it was.

I smiled as I caught the soft alluring fragrance of a night orchid and turned to see it laying on my bed side table.

Rhys' perfect calligraphy stood out on a note pinned to the flower.

My Queen,

I smiled at that teasing reference. He knew how it irked me to be reminded of my few brief weeks trapped as Pyrithian's Monarch. Ugh- nothing could be a bigger gilded cage than ruling over the fae. Especially when I could never openly love Rhysand. Now my days were spent outrageously draped across him and fending him off for his totally inappropriate displays of public affection. His court found his raucous behaviour hilarious. I would never quite come to terms with the Night's scandalous acceptance of secret trysts and salacious affairs. Rhys crooned every time he would cause my cheeks to turn red and would savour every minute of my discomfort, gathering me tightly to himself as I tried to squirm away in protest.