Lost time

Hi Everyone, 

Sorry this is short but I realised it was necessary for what comes next. This isn't the final chapter but I will try have it up within the next few days. Forgive me for stringing you all along. Poor Rhysand. My heart really is breaking for him right now.

Till next time, 

Spinlight xo

__________________

RHYSAND

Soft cool sheets brushed against my bare skin and I breathed in her very faint scent. 

Feyre. 

I smiled and I stretched languidly in bed and rolled towards her. My arms stretched out and reached for her warm delightful body. I felt the cold empty sheets brush against my finger tips and my eyes sprang open. 

Where was she?

As if in answer, my head began to whirl with a cascade of unwanted memories.

Feyre jumping and kicking.

Feyre bleeding and broken.

Feyre defiant and regal.

Feyre poisoned and dying. 

Mine.

Yours.

I bolted up right and my hand clenched as I waited for the ache in my chest to rip me apart. My breaths were raged and my body felt taut and strained. Yet I was more distressed by my lack of distress. Something was missing in me.

I couldn't feel her. 

Couldn't feel our bond at all.

Couldn't even feel the broken severed threads of her within my soul. 

She was gone. 

Gone as if she never existed at all. 

I leapt from my bed and threw on my black pants and a soft fitted black shirt.  Once dressed I quickly headed down towards the council chambers. Desperate for any explanation to the giant blank gap in my head and my heart. What the hell happened. My subjects raised their eyes in shock and fear as I glided down the hallway, giving each the barest perceptible nod of my head. 

Why were they gawking at me?

As I neared the chamber the guards eyes went wide and he stumbled and stood aside and I threw open the doors and strolled in. All chairs were pushed back and words came to a staggering halt. I glared around at my councilmen and felt myself grow deadly still as I took in the proceedings before me. 

"Who dared to call a meeting without me?" I asked in a deathly quiet voice. 

I grew instantly more wary as no one answered my question and their eyes darted to each other, waiting to see who would be brave enough to answer. 

I tapped my foot slowly and impatiently. The shape clapping of my foot on the marble tiles echoed through the room. 

Eventually Aeden cleared his throat and stepped forward, taking a very deep and formal bow. 

I frowned at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Greetings Your Darkness, it is a wonderful surprise to see you finally awaken and come before us looking so hale".

The way he emphasised 'awaken' makes me instantly mask my shock and resume an arrogant and deadly presence that has them all squirming. 

Deep inside I feel shocked and panicked.