The secret council

RHYSAND

There is a soft rap on the door. 

Who in their right mind would even dare to disturb us after what I had been through yesterday? 

I rose silently, careful not to wake Feyre and then decided it would be better not to create any unnecessary noise by opening the door. I grinned as I materialised outside behind the disturber. 

"Don't" I hissed in warning as he lifted his hand to tap again. 

Aeden spun around in shock and I moved swiftly to the side, dodging the offensive onslaught of his fist. 

As soon as he recognised it was me he straightened and grinned at me, looking down at my shirtless disheveled appearance. He raised an eye brow in question and then wiggled both of them at me suggestively.

I straightened and glared at him, mostly out of frustration that his assumptions weren't true.

"Well that is going to make Calanmai a whole lot less complicated now" he chuckled. 

Bastard, if his grin was any wider his mouth would take up his entire face.

I winced and shook my head. If only it were that simple. 

Calanmai. I sighed despondently. I hoped she would forgive me for what I was planning. 

"Call a meeting of the inner council Aeden. We will in an hour in the vault. Be discreet." 

He nodded and left. 

I sensed that Feyre was stirring and quietly opened the door, walking silently back over to the bed. 

When I had left she had been curled in a small ball at the edge of her side of the bed. Her side. I felt my heart warm at that, the thought of her having a side, waking up to those soft messy curls framing her face every single day. In the time since I had left her, she had rolled over on to her tummy in the middle of the bed, her arms reached out horizontally and her legs splayed out diagonally, taking up most of the space. She had somehow managed to replace me and was spooning two pillows. My pillows. Meaning she now had all four of them to herself. The doona cover had wrapped around her as she rolled and she had gathered it tightly to her, leaving most of the rest of the bed stripped bare. There was no room for me. She had completely taken over my entire bed and it was adorable. 

I knelt down at the side of the bed and rested my head down on my folded arms so that I was looking straight at her. She opened her eyes from the pressure of me leaning on the mattress and offered me a sleepy smile. Her smile turned into a confused frown as she noticed that I was kneeling on the floor.

"Rhys, what are you doing over there?" 

"Trying to find somewhere to sleep" I said with a soft chiding voice. 

"And wondering where I can get another pillow from."

Feyre's eyes flew open as she realised how completely she had taken over my entire bed. 

I expected her to apologise but instead she fixed me with a satisfied smirk and then stretched out languidly on the bed, taking up even more room than before. 

"Are you going to let me back in?" I growled playfully. 

"That depends, what will you give me?"

I tried not break character by smiling at her tenacity. 

"What do you want?"

She tossed the blankets aside and smiled darkly at me. I could smell what she wanted. I could also feel it overwhelmingly through our bond. Her need was like liquid fire coursing through me, making me throb and ache. I groaned out loud.