Off to Neverland (3)

"It isn't fair! How did she get a scholarship to Neverland Academy and not me?" I heard Cassidy sob from downstairs, and all I could do was roll my eyes as I pushed the book I was trying to read away. There was no way I'd be able to read with all that racket downstairs... "There's no way they'd want to have her go to that school and not me! I'm so much better than her!"

I let out a groan, almost throwing my book across the room. I knew that they knew that I could hear them, but that wasn't about to stop them from screeching at the top of their lungs...

Couldn't they just turn on the TV and watch their stupid show that they loved so very much? Why did they have to go on and on about something so stupid?

And why did she have to be so loud? If I could hear her, that meant my dad could hear her as well. I really hoped that he was already asleep and wouldn't wake up from her screaming. He had done it before, so there really wasn't anything I had to worry about.

"They must have made a mistake," I heard Claudia assuage, and I really wanted to go downstairs and yell at them myself. But I knew that that would get me absolutely no where... "I'm sure you're the one that's supposed to go to Neverland Academy! Why they would ever want Olivia, I'll never know!"

"She probably beat up the Headmistress," Cassidy sneered, and I wanted to hit myself in the head with the book that lied at my side. "That's the only reason she ever gets anything! She beats people up and bullies them! It's so unfair! I'm prettier than her! I'm smarter than her! I'm downright better than her in every single way and they still pick her over me!"

"I know, honey, I know," Claudia agreed, and I could just imagine her patting Cassidy on the shoulder. Why did she have to treat her like she was the most precious thing on the planet? "We'll get this whole mess sorted out, I promise. You'll be able to go to Neverland Academy, don't you worry."

Unless she somehow pulled a million bucks out of her ass, I highly doubted Cassidy would be going to Neverland Academy. I couldn't even believe that I was going! I wanted Cassidy to take my place, because then we both would have gotten what we wanted, but I knew that that wasn't going to happen in a million years. She wanted to go, and I wanted her out of the house.

But of course, it was the other way around. And we were both unhappy about it.

When their annoying voices finally stopped, I couldn't help but sigh. I didn't think they would ever shut up about something that wasn't even that big of a deal. You wouldn't see me yelling and screaming about how unfair this was. Just how could two people be so loud? Not to mention they never shut up... It was just too ridiculous.

When I heard the TV turn on, I jumped off my bed and headed toward the window. Cassidy and Claudia wouldn't check if I was in my room, and my dad would be asleep for the rest of the day, so I was good at sneaking out and coming back before anyone noticed I was even gone.

Cursing to myself quietly, my fingernails dug into my windowsill as I almost fell trying to climb down the side of the house. I normally was better at doing this type of thing, but I guess I was too pissed off about having to go to Neverland Academy to climb like usual.

I had called Simon and he had said that he was at Terra's house along with Henry, so that was where I was heading. After I heard Jersey Shore playing for a good ten minutes downstairs, I knew it was safe for me to sneak out without getting caught by anyone.

There was no way I'd last even a week at Neverland Academy. I wasn't the preppy type at all! Now Cassidy, she was definitely the type that would fit in at that school. So why not let her go in my place? Tell the school her name was Ivy or Olivia or whatever, and they'd probably believe it since they never saw me before... I just really didn't want to go to that stupid school.