Off to Neverland (11)

I loved feeling this way. I loved feeling happy, even if it meant I wasn't acting like myself. But then again, was I really not acting like myself? I always said that I wasn't how people thought I was. So I could act girly and happy over a guy and still be myself, right?

"Stop acting like you're high," Chloe ordered flatly from beside me as we made our ways down the hall after school. "People are going to start thinking that you're poor and a stoner."

"Can you blame me for being happy?" I asked with a smile, clutching onto the scarf around my neck as we headed toward our lockers. "The guy I like sent my flowers after I kissed him! I can't even remember a time I've been this happy!"

Chloe only stared at me flatly as we stopped in front of her locker. She opened it quickly as I continued to stay in fantasy land. I hated that Jack was doing this to me, but I just couldn't help but feel this way. How sweet was it of him to send me flowers? He couldn't have been a player!

"What did he say about the flowers in the class we have with him?" Chloe questioned now, digging through her locker now and not even looking up at me. "One of you must have said something about it, right?"

"No," I answered with a shake of my head, leaning back against the locker next to hers. "He didn't say anything about it, and I didn't want to seem pushy or anything by mentioning it. I bet he was just shy about it..."

Chloe only continued staring at me flatly. "Shy is definitely the last thing Jack Ricketts is."

"You don't even know him," I defended, my eyebrows furrowing as she pulled out a book from her locker. "He was nice and sweet to me all day yesterday. He comforted me when I really needed someone to... I really like him a lot, Chloe!"

"You just met him yesterday!"

"Not really. We met in a coffee shop a couple of weeks ago, where he saved me when I knocked into Eli and spilled my hot chocolate all over his shirt," I informed her with a shrug, trying to act as uncaring as possible. I just hadn't been acting like myself lately... "And we just made out. It's not like we slept together or anything."

"You should go get your textbook from your locker," Chloe sighed, shutting her locker as she now held her math book in her arms. "I'll meet you back at the dorm. Hurry, okay? I need help in math and since you're a scholarship student and all, I'm sure you can help me."

"Yeah," I nodded, pushing away from the locker I had been leaning on. "I'll meet you back at the dorm then. I'll be there in about ten minutes to help you."

Chloe smiled brightly at me. "Okay! Thanks!"

I chuckled, spinning on my heel and walking away in the direction of my locker. I wasn't looking forward to doing homework, but I couldn't remember a time when I did look forward to it. Who liked homework? I definitely didn't. And even though I was the scholarship student, I still skipped out on assignments every once and a while when I just didn't feel like doing them.

I spun the lock on my locker until I hit the three numbers that was my combination, and I lazily opened my locker and raised my hand to find my mouth book. But I found something spilling out and onto the floor as the locker door swung so violently that it smashed against the locker next to it.

I screamed when I saw snakes, and lots of them, slithering around my feet. And if that wasn't bad enough, there had been a jar connected to my locker door by a string. When I had opened the door, the jar had fell and smashed onto the floor. So not only was there broken glass and snakes, but there were also hundreds and hundreds of spiders crawling over the floor after they had gotten out of the jar.

I stepped back, not knowing what I was supposed to do. I was terrified of snakes, and I was even scared of spiders! Who the hell would have done something like this to me?