Off to Neverland (18)

"Ivy, girl! I have some exciting news for you!" Henry informed me over the phone as I stood outside the biology room. I was on Chloe's phone, and since I couldn't use my phone inside the classroom I waited outside. Class hadn't started yet, so I was safe. "You're not going to believe it!"

"What is it?" I smiled, a little unhappy that I wasn't able to see him in person for this exciting event. I couldn't remember a time Henry had been as excited as this.

"I got a boyfriend!" he finally announced, and I could just imagine that bright smile of his blooming on his face.

Even though I was excited as well from this news, I had to joke just a little. "Oh, you finally got Simon to go out with you?"

"What?"

At the sound of the new voice, I burst out laughing and almost dropped Chloe's phone. I hadn't planned for this to happen, but Simon had been walking by me right then to get to his class. I didn't even see him until right then, but that just made it more hilarious.

"Henry got a boyfriend," I informed him with a sly grin, and I knew that Henry knew exactly what was going on because I could hear him laughing on the other line. "I just assumed that it was you."

Simon scowled at me, and continued on walking in the direction of his classroom. I smiled, going back to Henry after I had giggled a few times.

"I'm guessing Simon overheard you."

I had to laugh again. "Yeah, he overheard me."

"Well, he should be happy! I'm not going to hit on him anymore!" Henry informed me brightly now, and I really wished I could be with him so I could see him this happy. This was his first boyfriend! It was a really big deal! "My boyfriend's name is Jimmy, and I really want you to meet him!"

"Okay, I will," I nodded, turning my head toward my classroom to see that almost everyone was inside. That meant the bell was going to ring soon... "I gotta go, Henry. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye-bye, girly! Talk to you soon!"

I smiled as I shut the phone, turning around and walking into the classroom right afterward. I made sure to walk past Chloe's desk to give her the phone back before making my way over to my desk that I shared with Jack.

He wasn't there yet, but it wasn't something I was worried about. Since he was a Lost Boy, he could do whatever he wanted and get away with it. Being late was just one of those many things...

When the bell rang, I knew that Jack was probably now on his way. I was a little jealous that he could take his time doing whatever he wanted, but I guessed that was just what you could do when you had money.

Fifteen minutes after the bell rang, Jack came sauntering in. Mrs. Lavaliere didn't even acknowledge him, because she knew that there was nothing she could do to punish him. She just continued to teach, as if no one had just walked into her classroom.

"So, are you going to audition for the play?" Jack asked as he plopped down on the stool next to me.

I nodded, a smile growing on my face at just the thought of it. It would sure be exciting to be in a play... I hadn't been in a play for so long that I couldn't even remember what the last play I was in was.

"Yeah, I'm auditioning," I continued to grin with a nod. Even though I already knew that he was going to audition because Chloe had told me, I still found myself asking, "What about you and the rest of your friends? Are you going to audition for the play?"

"Chris, Tyler, and I am, but Eli never does plays," Jack now shrugged, turning and picking up and studying a beaker from the table in front of us. "He thinks that plays are stupid. He doesn't like acting, so he just sits in the audience and watches us."