Off to Neverland (5)

"Tell me everything."

"Terra, I've been here for an hour. And class hasn't even started yet."

"But you've had to have met someone by now!" she squealed excitedly, and I could just imagine her jumping up and down. I was pretty sure that Simon and Henry were with her as well. "How's your roommate? Is she crazy like you feared?"

"No," I answered, glancing toward the bathroom where Chloe was. "She's actually really cool. She painted a painting of me in like five minutes, and a pretty good one at that. She let me borrow her phone to call you."

"That's cool," Terra giggled. "She seems awesome."

"She is," I nodded, even though I knew that she couldn't see me. I then heard Simon and Henry bickering at each other in the background, and I figured Henry hit on him jokingly again and Simon probably thought that he was serious. "Aren't you guys supposed to be in school?"

"It's called going to the bathroom."

"It's called skipping."

"Same difference."

She just didn't understand that that didn't really make any sense to anyone but herself, but I wasn't about to correct her and get in an argument about it over the phone that wasn't even mine, especially since my first day at Neverland Academy was going to start in ten minutes.

I rolled my eyes, missing my friends more than anything. Though Chloe was nice, I didn't think I'd ever be as close to her as I was to Terra, Simon, and Henry. But it was only just a matter of time, I guessed.

"You guys should really go back to class," I advised, not knowing what else I was supposed to say to them. Even though I was the supposed badass at school before I left, even I never skipped class.

"Did you meet anyone else?" she asked, ignoring me. I knew she was hoping that I had met some hot rich guy that was going to sweep me off my feet and marry me. The only person I could really think of that fit that description was Chris, and I didn't know if I wanted to tell her about him and the rest of The Lost Boys just yet.

"Um, there's this girl name Stephanie that showed me to the headmistress's office," I informed him, making sure not to mention one thing about Chris. I didn't even know if he was a nice person or not, so I didn't want my friends thinking that I had a guy friend until I found out he was actually nice. "But there's no one else after that."

"No guys?" Terra whined, and I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but smiling. "How unfair."

"It's just a matter of time," I assured her, my eyes sliding to the bathroom door that was now opening.

Chloe smiled at me. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah," I nodded, getting ready to push the end call button on Chloe's phone that she had gratefully let me use to call Terra. I then focused my attention back to the aforementioned girl on the other line. "I gotta go. I'll try to call you after I get out or something."

"You really need to get a phone, Ivy," Terra sighed, but she hung up before I could say anything else to her.

I knew that I needed a phone, especially since I'd rarely be able to see my friends as much as I used to, but my dad just didn't have the money. Courtney and Claudia already had their own cell phones that they overused and abused every second of the day with their texts and calls, and my dad even had one even though it was only for work.

I was going to have to find a job or something so I could get a cell phone, but that seemed almost impossible for me. I had been interviewed for jobs countless times, but I was always turned down when they found out I was Ivy Morgan, the freaking delinquent or whatever they had decided on calling me that day.