Off to Neverland (27)

“We gotta go,” I mumbled into Jack’s hair as he continued to kiss up and down my neck. “The bell rang.”

“We can be late,” he breathed, hardly even removing his lips from my skin as we continued to sit under the slide in the bark. “Do you not remember who I am or something?”

 I guessed he had a point… but I still didn’t like being late. Who knew what I could have been missing while I was making out with him? Even though making out with him was so much better than sitting in class, I needed to keep my grade up…

“Come on, Jack,” I pleaded after five more minutes, my lips swollen from his. “I really don’t want to miss out on anything important.”

Jack pulled his face away from mine, smirking. “Let’s just skip the rest of the day,” he suggested, his arms still tight around my waist. “We can go out, just you and me. No one can bother us because everyone will be in school.

“We have the first play practice after school,” I reminded him, in case he had somehow forgotten. “And even though it doesn’t matter if I show up or not, it matters if you show up. You’re Gaston, and I’m a feather duster.”

“You get a kiss scene though.”

I groaned. “Don’t remind me.”

Jack chuckled, “I’m not exactly excited about it either,” before standing and grabbing my hand, helping me up after him. We then started walking toward back toward the school, where we were going to have to separate until the play practice.

“I love you,” I told him after we had stepped in front of my classroom. “I’ll see you after class.”

Jack grinned. “Yeah. I love you, too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“He’s… what?” Chloe nearly screeched as we both sat in the dining hall, waiting for our first real practice to start. I had just told her about Eli living in my house, and I almost hit her so she wouldn’t attract anyone’s attention. She leaned in closer when she whispered, “Are you going to tell Jack?”

“I have to tell him,” I shrugged, looking around to make sure the neither of the aforementioned boys were around. “He’s my boyfriend. I should tell my boyfriend that another guy is living in my house, right? Even if it is his best friend…”

“I still can’t believe that Jack actually told you that he loves you,” Chloe now grumbled, resting her cheek in her palm as she watched other students pile into the dining hall. “I mean, it’s so hard to believe that Jack actually loves anyone.”

When I had told her what happened that morning, Chloe nearly fainted in the middle of class. I thought she had a heart attack or something, and all she did was stare at me as if I wasn’t even there. She was the only person I had told, and I knew that Jack hadn’t told anyone either since I hadn’t been harassed yet.

None of the Lost Boys had come yet, so I took this as my opportunity to now tell Chloe about Eli living in my house. She was the only person I could talk to at the moment about everything, but I knew she was going to freak out about everything a little.

“I couldn’t really believe that he loves me either,” I agreed, staring down at my lap almost awkwardly. “I didn’t think he’d ever say something like that to me. But when he did, I was just so happy.”

“But what are you going to do?” Chloe now asked, leaning against the table even more as her blue eyes almost stared holes right through me. “I mean, not only do you have to tell Jack about Eli living at your house, but you have to tell everyone about how you and Jack are a couple. Which one are you planning on doing first?”