Off to Neverland (32)

I didn’t know how I was supposed to face Jack after learning what I had just learned. He had liked Emma at a time, so he could have easily liked her now as well. She was a beautiful actress, and I was just me. There was no way I could compete with that…

As the first day in Disneyland was drawing to a close, I felt myself get more nervous. We had the next day and that was it. After the next day ended, I was going to have to go back to school with rehearsals every day. And then the play was Friday night… It was only six days away.

“Okay, so you’re going to have to face Jack sooner or later,” Chloe informed me as we sat outside of Space Mountain, which we had just rode. Stephanie was feeling tired, so she went back to the hotel, so it was only the two of us. “He probably thinks something’s up since you’re not answering your phone.”

As if on cue, my phone vibrated to inform me that I had gotten another text from Jack. This only made me feel even worse. I didn’t bother checking it, and I left it in my pocket without even glancing in its direction. I knew I could have just turned my phone off, but… I didn’t want to. I kind of liked knowing that Jack was worried about me, but feeling that way also made me feel kind of guilty. I mean, I wouldn't have liked to feel that way... But he kind of deserved it right then.

The park was closing in an hour. I had another hour away from Jack, and that wasn’t enough for me. I needed to think more… I needed to stay away from him for a while. That would have just been for the best.

“I just… I feel sick to my stomach,” I breathed, resting my head in my hands now. Chloe patted my shoulder lightly, obviously trying to calm me down. “I mean… I was suspecting that he liked Emma, but I never would have thought that he liked Courtney… I don't know who I'm more upset over. Courtney or Emma...”

Chloe shrugged. “Courtney’s always been clinging onto Eli. She's obsessed with him. It's unhealthy. She’s always liked him more than Jack. I don't know if it's because she just thinks he's better looking or if it's because he has the most money. She’s just always liked him more than anybody else.”

This didn’t help my stomach at all. I really felt like I was going to puke. I hadn’t even eaten anything all day because I was afraid I was just going to puke it all up right after…

“I don’t want to see him,” I informed her, straitening up my body in hopes that it would help my stomach calm down. It didn't, but I kind of expecting as much.

Chloe made a face. “Well, considering you two are sharing a hotel room…”

I nearly fell off the bench. “What?”

“What did you expect?” she asked, shrugging as if this was absolutely no big deal at all. “You two are dating. It's only natural. The only other couple that are sharing a room are Eli and Courtney, but I don't really want to think about what they're planning on doing. That's just too disgusting for words. May and Emma get their own room, I’m sharing with Stephanie and Cassidy, and then Chris, Tyler, and Simon are all in the same room as well. It’s all planned out.”

“I can’t spend the night with him in a room all alone,” I gasped, trying to think of a way to get out of this horrible situations. “Who knows what could happen!”

Chloe shrugged. “I say that whatever happens, happens. If you two really love each other, you’re going to have sex eventually.”

I hadn’t told Chloe that Jack and I had already had sex before. I hadn’t told anybody. I assumed that Jack hadn’t told anybody either, but there was no way for me to be sure…

“That’s not what I’m worried about,” I started bashfully, staring down at my feet now so I didn’t have to face her, “because… Jack and I have already had sex.”