Off to Neverland (16)

I couldn't stop freaking out about what happened. I felt kind of guilty for Tyler kissing me, even though I wasn't the one that kissed him and I didn't kiss him back. But Jack had told me how he wanted me to be his girlfriend, and I technically turned him down because I still didn't trust him after what he had done the last time we had kissed each other...

"Are you okay?"

I blinked, not expecting this voice to ask me if I was alright or not. I stared up at Chloe for a moment, trying to think of what I was supposed to say to her. I had been brooding for the entire lunch period, staring at Tyler from across the dining hall as I thought of what I was going to say to him about how he had kissed me.

Obviously noticing where I was staring, Simon was pretty much brooding next to me as well. He kept his head down as he ate, quickly glancing up at me from time to time to see if I was still staring at Tyler, which I definitely was every time he looked at me.

Why would he just kiss me? It was completely out of the blue and random, and he had barely even spoken to me before! At my old school, no guy even went near me, besides Simon and Henry! Now that I was going to this school, I had Jack and Tyler going after me? What was with that?

But the only time Tyler had ever spoken to me was when he said that he liked the scarf that Henry had knitted for me, and then he only really asked me to use the phone. And then he went off and kissed me like we were going out or something! He didn't even talk to me after he had done so... Even though I did kind of push him out of the house in fear that Terra was going to jump him or something... But it hadn't seemed he liked me whatsoever at all!

"I'm fine," I smiled, my eye twitching ever so slightly. I definitely was not fine...

Chloe didn't look like she believed me, but it wasn't like I blamed her. Though I was pretty good at acting when I was on stage, offstage I was pretty horrible. Simon could tell that I was lying as well, so I just couldn't make eye contact with him.

Stephanie didn't seem to notice that anything was wrong at all. She continued to eat in silence, occasionally stealing glances at Simon every now and then. He didn't notice since he was too busy glaring at his plate.

I continued to bore a hole in the side of Tyler's head, hoping and hoping that he would notice me staring at him. He had to have the feeling that someone was watching him, right? He couldn't have thought that he could have kissed me and everything was going to be perfectly normal... Especially when he had kissed me in front of one of my friends!

The questioning had been endless. Terra thought that I was secretly going out with Tyler, and it took me forever to get her to believe that he had kissed me randomly. Now she thought that he liked me, and since I didn't know the answer to that, I couldn't say that he didn't.

I had a class with Tyler, so I was planning on talking to him then. It would be easier, and I wouldn't have had to deal with any of the other Lost Boys. I knew if Jack was around, he would be jealous. If Eli was there, he would make fun of both Tyler and me, and then if Chris was the one with us, he probably would have just laughed his ass off.

"You keep looking over at the Lost Boys table," Chloe concluded after a few more moments of silence, her eyebrows furrowing as she continued to watch me stare at the side of Tyler's head. "Why do you keep looking over there? Ivy? Ivy, are you listening to me?"

Honestly, I wasn't listening to her. All I could think about was what I was going to say to Tyler. I had a plenty of opportunities to talk to him that day, but he had avoided me like I was the plague or something. But he couldn't get out of class so easily...

"Ivy!" Chloe now shouted, slamming her fist down onto the table, which finally brought my attention back to her. Her eyebrows pinched together, she now bored her eyes right into my forehead. "Listen to me, Ivy!"