Off to Neverland (53)

“I can’t believe it,” Cassidy grinned at me as I lugged my last suitcase down the stairs. “You’re actually leaving. You’re not going to be here or Neverland anymore. My dream has finally come true!”

Another great reason for going to military school would be to get away from this bitch and her mother. It had been what I had wanted ever since Claudia had married my father.

“Yes, I’m leaving, but just remember, Cassidy…” I started menacingly, taking a step closer to her afterwards. “I’ll always be in your nightmares.”

She squeaked, jumping back away from me and glaring. I merely shrugged, now continuing to drag my suitcase toward the door, knowing my dad would be outside helping me pack everything into the car.

“Come on, Cassidy,” Claudia now started snootily, and it almost made me roll my eyes at her. “Cut Olivia some slack. These are her last moments in this house. We should celebrate, shouldn’t we? We’ve actually gotten rid of the girl after trying for so long!”

As mother and daughter cackled together, I let my suitcase smash to the ground. This caused both of them to stop and squeal in surprise as I turned toward them. They looked so scared, and it almost made me laugh at how pathetic they really were.

“Have a nice time while I’m gone,” I said to them, and they still looked terrified. “Hopefully you two will still be around when I come back so I can use some of the tricks I’ll learn in military school on you.”

And I picked my suitcase back up and left at that. I’d let their imaginations take on the rest of it, because that would have been so much better than anything I could have ever said.

“Are you sure you want to do this, Ivy?” my father asked as I handed him one of my suitcases to put in the trunk. “It's not too late for you to go back to Neverland Academy.”

“No, this is what I want,” I assured him as I handed him another bag. “I don't want to go back to that school ever again. It's not good for me.”

My father sighed, taking my bag from me and putting it in the trunk of the car. I looked down at my phone, my heart clenching when I saw the time. It was Saturday, and it was eleven o'clock in the morning. I had no idea if Eli and Courtney had gotten married yet, but I didn't even want to know.

“I still don’t think this is a good idea,” he now sighed, but still didn’t stop as I continued to hand him bags. “You made a lot of friends while you were at Neverland Academy, so many that it was actually surprising to see. Before you went to that school, you only had Simon, Terra, and Henry. This school was a great opportunity for you. You even found yourself a couple of boyfriends.”

I said nothing, only shoving another bag into his grasp. I didn’t need my father talking to me about something like this. There wasn’t anything anyone could say that would make me change my mind. I had made this decision and I was sticking with it.

When a brown van suddenly came screeching to a stop behind me and beside our car, I seemed to be the only one to react to it. My father acted as if nothing was wrong as the door to the van slid open and I was suddenly being grabbed and pulled inside.

Before I could even react, I heard the tires screech and we were off. I was going to scream, but then I saw who was in the van.

“Remind me to thank Mr. Morgan later for letting us borrow Ivy,” Chloe smiled over at her boyfriend, who grinned back at her.

Tyler was sitting across the van from me, and Jack was the one that was driving. All four of them were dressed elegantly, so I knew what where we were going.