Chapter 10

'Thoughts'

"Japanese"

"English"

'Phone'

*Kirihara*

'Oh no I'm going to be late to practice' was the only thought going through my head as I ran to the tennis courts. As I ran I remember all the rumors about how apparently our tennis club is getting a manager 'they can't be true I mean who would be approved, most girls are fan girls anyway'.

When I arrived at the courts I noticed the entire club was gathered 'there must be a announcement' I quickly walked over to the regulars just as Yukimura-buchou started to talk "As lots of you have heard our club will be getting a female manager, her name is Shado Seira and we expect everyone to listen to her as if they were Sanada or myself," in all honestly I was surprised I wasn't expecting it and I wondered how great this girl must be to manage to convince buchou to allow her to be manager in the first place.

"Regulars gather," Yukimura-buchou called us over. I walked over with the rest and instantly noticed a girl standing next to buchou 'she must be

Shado-sempai' I thought, "This is Shado Seira the new manager," Yukimura introduced she smile though it seemed strained and started talking "Konichiwa I am Shado Seira but before we start I should mention I hate all of you and am being blackmailed to be here," I gaped she literally told us she hates us to our face. I noticed quite a few of us reacted that way, Yanagi-sempai looked in different, Yukimura-buchou looks indifferent but as I look closer he seemed to wince slightly at her words.

"Than what make you qualified why would you be asked anyway!" I blew up shouting at her, she didn't even slightly change her expression. My eyes narrowed "I challenge you to a match," I challenged her, suddenly every regular looked interested, "I think it would be wise to get her to show her abilities," Yukimura-buchou agreed "After all all we have is Yanagi's word I mean I have never seen or heard her play tennis," he added, "I don't want to play, I don't even wish to be here as I said I was blackmailed," she said, "then I will tell them the truth about you," Yanagi-sempai threatened. I saw her hand form a fist, "fine I will play the 2nd year but don't expect him to do well," she said.

My eyes narrowed dangerously but she didn't even care in the slightest, "I will need to borrow a racket, I left mine at home," she said, "You can borrow mine," Yukimura-buchou offered shocking everyone 'who is she for him to offer his racket he never lets anyone else borrow his racket or even touch it' I thought looking at her. He passed her the racket and she seemed to look over it and tested the tension "not as high tension as my normal one but it will do," she muttered so quietly I think I was the only one who heard.

"Shall we enter the courts," she asked louder, I nodded before we went to an end I asked "Rough or Smooth," she seemed to study the racket as she decided "Smooth," she replied seemingly bored, I spun the racket and it leaned almost falling on rough before a completely random breeze blew it onto smooth. "Service," she said simply and I replied with "end," and walked on court she went to the service line and got ready to serve while I waited to receive she threw the ball up while bring up the racket 'A normal slice serve huh, wonder how fast' I thought as the ball left the racket.

It landed in the service box on the line in less than seconds, I had no time to react before it was gone 'I couldn't see the serve' was the only thought in my mind the game continued that way until Yanagi-sempai called out 1 game to love everyone was in shock it was then I noticed how bored she was 'she isn't even trying' I thought.

My service game I tried the knuckle serve, she returned it effortlessly not batting an eye. Suddenly I was angry and I couldn't think straight 'the devils coming out in the second game' was my last thought as I slipped from conscience. I was slightly aware of the devil attempting to injure her but none of the attempts were working even slightly. Games passed, I never got a point. Suddenly I was back in my conscience as Yanagi-sempai calls out 6 games to love Shado Seira wins.

I could tell everyone was shocked no one moved until Yukimura-buchou asks, "When did you start to play tennis?" I was sure everyone wondered "I was three when I first picked up a racket, it was the day my twin stopped talking to me and my parents started to ignore me," she replied, "You have a twin?" Sanada asked confused "yes though I don't talking to them and I hate my family, I ran away at the age of eight," she said.

"Was it the day you participated in the tournament with me?" Yanagi asked "Yes it was that day," she replied simply "Of course my parents have forced me home because they didn't want to tarnish their reputation, now Yukimura-san I believe you have a club to dismiss," she said as she went to leave it was then I notice she wasn't even sweating 'who exactly is she' were my only thoughts as I left practice that day.

***************************************************************************************

Bonjour,

I hope you enjoy this new update and I hope you aren't mad at the delayed update. Thank you to all of the people reading this as some people have noticed this story has 1.2K views and I am shocked that it got to this point, I honestly wasn't expecting this and am so glad people are enjoying my writing

As well as Merry Christmas, I hope you all enjoy you Christmas

Au Revoir

- Lilian White The Lil'Ice Wolf