o n e

just a warning::
this story is kinda shit ahah

saturday, 6.09pm
"sweetie! can you come down here?" i heard my mum yell up the stairs.

i paused the movie i was watching, fluffed up my hair and jogged downstairs and into the kitchen.

"what's up?" i asked, smiling.

she looked up from her laptop. "i need to tell you something."

i frowned slightly.

"you know the guy i've been seeing for a few months now?" she began.

"the guy that i still haven't met?" i reminded her and she smiled.

"well, he... proposed." she blurted out.

i stared at her in shock.

"you're getting married?" i exclaimed.

she nodded and squealed. "i'm getting married! and he's coming over in a minute, so you can finally meet him!"

i slowly nodded. "s-sounds great." i lied.

she then hesitated. "also, you should know-"

the doorbell rang and my mum jumped.

"that's him!" her hands immediately moved up to her hair, patting it down. "r-ruby, would you mind answering it?"

"okay." i obediently replied.

i stood up and walked to the front door. i opened it and stared at an attractive guy with blonde hair and brown roots and a big smile.

"hey there! you must be ruby, right?" he reached out and shook my hand. "i'm sammy."

"h-hi..." i stuttered.

"i'm your mum's boyfriend." he told me.

"fiancé, actually."

i turned around to see my mum smiling widely.

"oh, yeah, that's right." sammy stated, stepping inside the house.

i shut the door and stared as he flopped onto the couch, almost as if it was his own. i hesitantly sat next to him and he smiled at me.

"so, i'm going to need to get to know my almost step-daughter." he chuckled as my mum walked back into the kitchen.

i shrugged. "i guess."

"and you're going to get to know me." his voice got softer as he said this, and his leg brushed against mine.

i stared at him and slowly nodded.

"good." he smiled at me.

he moved away as my mum bounded back in the room. she placed a cup of coffee in front of him and sat down.

i watched as she gazed intently at him while he sipped his drink.

it was kinda creepy.

sammy noticed and awkwardly coughed. "so... ruby." he turned to me. "how did you react when your mum told you?"

"told me what?" i asked, glancing over at her. "oh, about the marriage?" i shrugged. "i was a little surprised."

my mum sighed and stood up. "how about i whip up something for us to eat?" she offered.

before waiting for an answer, she flounced out of the room, leaving me alone with sammy.

"tell me about yourself." he murmured, placing his hand on my thigh.

i flinched slightly at his touch, causing him to frown.

"what's wrong?" he asked softly.

i didn't answer, i only picked up his hand and moved it away. sammy chuckled and squeezed my hand.

"you don't look like your mum." he stated.

i slowly nodded. "i-i'm adopted."

"where's your dad?" sammy asked curiously.

"i never had one." i replied.

he smirked. "daddy issues. good."

i felt a blush beginning to creep up my cheeks and i tore away from his gaze. he immediately reached out and cupped my cheek, moving my eyes back to him.

his hand was warm and surprisingly soft on my skin.

sammy licked his lips and brushed back a piece of hair that was hanging loose. i blushed more as he stared at me.

i studied his face. his eyes were dark, with tan skin, nice eyebrows and soft, kissable lips.

he noticed me gazing at his lips and he smirked.

"it'll be ready soon!" my mum yelled from the kitchen.

i immediately moved away from sammy, blocking out all thought of what just happened. or what didn't happen.

sammy leaned in, his lips brushing my ear. "how about we continue this when your mum isn't here?" he whispered.

i slowly nodded and his smirk grew.

"excellent. now why don't you go help your mum with dinner?"