t w e n t y - f i v e

a.n
well, it's been some time. i'm super sorry, i've just had like no motivation recently to write.
but now, thanks to the ideas of my amazing best friend, i've written like six chapters.
lemme tell ya, some shit is gonna go down soon.
thanks for sticking with me <3

monday 9:34am
i woke up to the sound of the tv. i rolled over to see gossip girl still playing from last night.

yes, we watched it all afternoon and evening. don't judge.

i grabbed the remote off the floor and turned off the tv. jack stirred next to me, before his eyes flickered open and he smiled sleepily at me.

"morning babe."

"you have such a hot morning voice." i murmured to myself. jack heard me and chuckled.

i lay back down next to him.

"what do you wanna do today?" he asked.

i shrugged. "i wanna go out."

"where?"

"i dunno."

"goddammit woman!" jack joked, leaning over and kissing my cheek. "decide."

i poked my tongue out at him. "shut up." i giggled.

"i've actually gotta go to work today." jack stated causally.

i pouted. "do you have to?"

"well i don't wanna get fired, do i?" he teased.

he got out of bed and walked over to his wardrobe, pulling off his shirt and preparing to change.

"maybe i should get a job..." i trailed off.

jack turned to me. "really?"

"yeah. i need some money." i shrugged.

"i can buy you anything you need, babe." jack stated, buttoning up his work shirt.

"jack, you're seventeen and deliver pizzas for a living." i reminded him.

he chuckled. "touché."

i smiled at him. "i'd rather make my own money anyways. besides, since i quit my last job... i dunno. i feel like i've got nothing to do."

"alright. whatever makes you happy." he quickly tied up his shoelaces, then leaned over to me and briefly kissed my lips.

"bye." i smiled.

---

after changing into a skirt and button-up shirt with a pair of flats, i left jack's house and set off to the city, in search of a job.

i figured i'd just walk around, hand my resume into a couple places and hope for the best.

after giving my resume into a few different shops, i found myself outside a café.

"might as well give it a shot." i shrugged to myself before pushing open the door and walking in.

the faint smell of coffee hit me as i stepped inside the building.

i walked up to the counter, and waited. the cashier turned to me. he had dark skin, short hair and gorgeous hazel eyes. his name badge read "andrew".

"hey there. what can i get for you?" he asked.

"hi. i was actually wondering if you guys were hiring by any chance?" i asked hopefully.

he smirked. "maybe. depends. tell me about yourself."

"well, i've worked in hospitality before, so i have some experience with serving customers. i've been told i'm easy to work with and follow orders. i'm almost always available and happy to work."

"and how old are you?" he asked, his eyes scanning me up and down.

"seventeen."

he nodded. "alright. do you have a resume?"

i took a copy out of my bag and handed it to him.

"i can pass this onto my boss and see if he'll give you a shot. i can't guarantee anything though." he told me.

i felt like jumping over the counter and hugging him.

"seriously? thankyou so much!"

he grinned at me. "don't thank me yet. i'm assuming your phone number is on here?"

i nodded.

"alright. we'll call you and let you know." he told me.

i smiled and walked out, satisfied.

---

"how'd today go, babe?" jack asked.

we were sat in the kitchen together, eating pizza together. jack brought home some after work and i was so hungry that i wasn't complaining.

"yeah, it was okay. hopefully i hear from one of the places soon." i shrugged.

my phone rang just as i finished my sentence and jack grinned.

it was an unknown number and i answered excitedly.

"hi, this is ruby."

"hey ruby, it's andrew. i'm calling about the job."

"oh, hi andrew." i smiled over at jack.

"i talked to my boss and gave him your resume and he wants you to work with us." andrew stated. "but only if you can start tomorrow."

"yeah, of course!" i immediately responded.

"great. come in tomorrow at ten and i'll show you the ropes, okay?"

"sounds good. see you then." i replied, before hanging up the phone.