Chapter 17

2 weeks later

"Good news baby!" I can hear Cameron smiling through the phone.

I don't even have time to ask what it is.

"I'm going back to work."

"Yay, I'm happy to hear that." I reply.

This might not be good, but I'm glad Cameron is better.

"What's wrong, is that a bad thing?" Cameron sighs.

It just seems like nothing's really good in our relationship anymore, but that makes me want to keep him even more.

"No, it's just, I'm not ready for all the rumors to happen again."

The conversation ends there.

***

I pass by Cameron very early in the morning.

All I wanna do is hug him, but all i can do is slightly smile.

As soon as I pass by, a boy grabs my arm.

It's Bryce, the most popular guy at our school.

"You think you're sneaky, but you're not." He whispers.

I shake my arm to loosen the grip he has on me.

"What do you mean" I huff.

"I see the way you look at him, let alone the picture of you guys kissing."

"Stop. That's none of your business."

I run out of the school grabbing an old friends arm.

"Laylah."

***

Two summers ago, Laylah and I were best friends. But we always were getting in trouble. Taking our fake ID's with us everywhere, constantly drinking.

Every time we would get our ID's token away from the police, or our parents after being arrested, we would make new ones. We couldn't stop.

I wanted to change my ways, and so did she. So we took our separate ways.

I met Cameron a lot later.

***

I pulled out my ID saying I was 22, and that Laylah was 21.

"We barely talk anymore, what are you doing Alyssa?"

"I know, but don't you sometimes just.."

"Just what?" Laylah asks.

"Sometimes miss how we used to act, that was fun. i felt alive, getting in trouble all the time."

"I couldn't say that I miss it Alyssa.." Laylah answers.

"Laylah, there is no way you can sit here and tell me that you don't miss the rush of adrenaline we got when the cops would be chasing us." I look her straight in the eyes.

She looks down and smiling.

"Well." She laughs grabbing the ID out of my hand, "You still carry this thing around with you?"

"Well yeah, but I haven't drank anything since.." I stop, not wanting to bring up much of those specific times.

"Just one drink Laylah. Just to get our, or my, mind off of everything. We won't get in trouble doing really stupid stuff like last time, come on."

***

After stopping by Laylahs house to get her ID, we headed to a bar.

"It's really early for this, Alyssa, don't you think they will be suspicious?"

I look at the car clock. 2:12 pm.

"No, people are in and out all day. Plus it's 5 o'clock somewhere." I laugh copying what my parents would always say to us.

***

That one drink, turned into quite a few drinks.

And it hit me hard, considering how long it has been since I've been drunk.

The small talk between Laylah and I was going good, besides the facts of how many drinks we've had.

"I'm dating Cameron." I blurt out of nowhere and laugh hysterically.

Laylahs POV:

Alyssa and I are drinking again, and a lot. I wouldn't consider myself drunk yet, but Alyssa defiantly is, shes had a lot more than me.

"I'm dating Cameron." Alyssa says out of nowhere laughing hysterically.

"Wa- What? You mean Mr. Dallas? So that was true?"

I'm so confused, she can get in so much trouble for dating her teacher! I thought those were just rumors.

"Yeahh, Cameron Dallas, is my boyfriend." She sings those words for some reason.

"Alyssa, you cannot get caught-".

She cuts me off scooting her chair back and getting up saying, "Actually I wanna see him right now!"

She stumbles getting up and starts running out the door.

I get up quickly telling "Alyssa you can't drive like that! And I need a ride home!"

"I'll take an uber!" She yells shakily.

I sigh loudly.

***

Alyssa's POV:

The uber takes me back to school.

It's 3:03. School is over in 2 minutes.

"Hurry I have to hurry!" I yell at myself.

I just really wanna see Cameron right now so I will.

As soon as the bell rings, Students crowd the halls but gives me enough space to run right up to Cameron as he is heading home quickly.

"Cameron!" I yell as everyone looks.

And that's when I did something I would later regret so much.

___________

Hey! Sorry I haven't updated in forever but thank you for 8 thousand reads!

Hope you enjoyed the cliffhanger :)