chapter ten!

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖑, 𝖙𝖊𝖓

*   *   *

*   *   *

( 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖘𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖔𝖑 )

The obnoxious ringing of her phone brought Elle out of her studying for a chemistry test in a few days and she quickly answered. "What?" she asked.

"We're picking you up," the voice from the other side said with no room for discussion.

"Why? Actually wait, who's we?"

"Me and Jackson, duh," came the impatient response.

"Ok, now why?" Elle asked.

"Because Scott has stood Allison up so we're gonna pick her up, have fun then us two can whip his ass when we find him, and humiliate him in front of the whole school for causing emotional distress to our apprentice," Lydia said, she had planned the whole scenario in her head and couldn't find a single fault with it.

"Oh-alright. But why is Allison our apprentice?"

"Because, she still needs to learn how things work around here and we are teaching her that," Lydia explained, again like it was a stupid question and the answer was obvious.

"How long will you be?"

"Uh- three minutes,"

"I'll get my shoes then, bye!"

"See you in a bit." Lydia said before the line went dead.

Isabelle rummaged through her room for some shoes, but decided because it was so cold outside that night, trainers would do. True to their word, Lydia and Jackson pulled up outside Elle's house in exactly three minutes after Lydia put the phone down on her. She called out a quick bye to her mother who was in the kitchen before grabbing her keys from the bowl on the side and stepping out the door.

The wind hit her straight away, piercing her skin through her jumper and jeans. She did a little run to the car and waited for Lydia to get out so she could shimmy her way into the cramped back.

"Drive, drive drive!" Elle shouted as she got her seatbelt in place and secure. Jackson sped off in direction to the Argent house, with instructions of how to get there by Lydia and Elle.

While Lydia took over the directions, Elle pulled out her phone just to warn Allison that they're on their way. A few rings later and Allison finally picks up, "We're coming to get you."

"Please don't. Okay, I'm sure he's on his way. He's only-26 minutes late," Allison excused.

"Wait a second-there, you're on speaker,"