France

Today was a special day. A day full of mischief and success. Today shall be the day where Daniel Michael Stark shall attempt to steal a painting from The Louvre in France. He was giddy at the thought of placing his hands on a Raphael. All that money that he will receive from such a masterpiece. The painting of his choice was St. Michael Vanquishing Satan. He could an enormous amount of cash from that with any single one of his contacts. Although, someone has already called dibs. Usually, Dan and Mozzie would wait for the highest bidder, but they owed the man after helping them get a start. The only thing that matters is that they are going to get paid, even if it won't be as high as others would pay.

"Remember the plan?" Daniel asked his short, bald friend. Daniel just wanted to make sure that his friend wouldn't forget a single detail from the plan they have both conspired. He has been doing this for almost five years, but each heist is just as important. Both could get arrested or get taken by the very man that they vowed to help. Each heist is just as important and dangerous. Luckily, Daniel's arrogance clouds his nerves. He knows that they will be able to pull this off. Himself and Mozzie have been working on this for a month. Daniel has finished the forgery way before accepting the offer. He liked to recreate paintings, and this one seemed to be one that he had already done. That gets rid of the first part of the plan.

"Yes, I do, Dan," Mozzie retorted with an eye roll as he turned the page of the newspaper he was currently reading. "Just because it's your plan, it doesn't mean that I'm new to this", Mozzie added. The man wasn't an amateur to a crime such as these. After all, he was the one that brought the young Stark into the life of crime. Well, he introduced him to it. Over the years, he has gotten quite good at being a thief and a con man. Many wouldn't be proud of such titles, but Daniel claimed them with pride. He was proud of everything he has done in order to be here. If it wasn't for Obadiah, he wouldn't be here. The man that has been a friend to the Stark family had backed stabbed them for money. So, there is a silver lining for everything.

Everything that Daniel once knew has been ripped away from him. He grew up with riches and people doing things for him that he didn't know what to do after he lost everything. He did the first thing that came to his mind: steal. Sure, he has done that in the past just for the thrill of it. Boredom is something that the young man is not fond of. That lead to various acts of stealing, drinking, countless of one-night stands with different women, and drugs. Rather than helping the man, Obadiah preferred to leave him penniless. Those four months sucked, but then the young man met Mozzie, his mentor. His entire life changed once he met him. His once meaningless life turned to one filled with adventure and danger, an addicting life.

Daniel and Mozzie were currently staying in the Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal, an elegant hotel in Paris, France. Both are having breakfast and are discussing their plan in a vacant restaurant that the hotel had. Daniel felt odd that a place like this had their restaurant empty. This place should have it filled with tourist. He bit his lip as the thought crossed his mind. He shouldn't let any time of these thoughts bother him. Perhaps it is because it is rather early, or that tourist prefer spending their day out in the city rather than eat.

"Just making sure, Mozz," Daniel said as he was taking a sip of his coffee. He put his cup down and turned to the window to see people passing by carrying on with their own lives. He loved trying to guess someone's story. Most of the time, he was right. Atleast 95% percent he was correct on a person's background. The other 5% are experiences that he didn't wish to speak about. He didn't want to admit the times he was wrong-- a trait he had developed at a young age when his father was around. Howard Stark loved being right. He couldn't handle making a mistake on anything. The young man remembers that clearly.

Daniel saw a man sitting on his own outside. With nothing else to do he started to read him like a book. The man was in his late fifties, yet was still in shape. He had raven black hair and forest green eyes that lit up when he saw a young lady walk towards him with a smile. He got up to hug her tightly. He noticed that the man was the father of the young lady just by their close relationship and how similar they looked. If they have such a close relationship, the man's wife was out of the picture, probably because she died of cancer when the young lady was a child. The man worked as a police officer but is recently retired and his daughter worked as a secretary.

Daniel stopped analyzing them when he saw how mundane they were, and he was began to look for something else to do. Unfortunately, he didn't find anything that grabbed his attention.

He sighed and got up to leave but was stopped by hearing his friend's voice. "Where are you going?" Mozzie asked as he turned to him in confusion.

"I'm going back to the hotel and re-watch all of the Doctor who episodes" Daniel shrugged as he walked backwards before he turned turned to open the door. He just didn't like the silent atmosphere. He was used to hearing sounds like chatter, music, or anything of that matter. He ran his hand through his hair as he walked to the elevator to go to his room. He needed to be focused later when he was going to work. For now, he let himself be at ease as he thought of the wonderful world of Doctor who.

_~_~_~_~_~

After finishing season one and two of Doctor Who, Daniel picked up his laptop and began to go over the museum's exits and entrances. They already had a list of the staff that will work there tommorow. He furrowed his eyebrows in concentration as he re-read everything more than twice. He didn't want this plan to go down the drain by forgetting something that could have easily been preventable.

He looked at the clock to see that it was already five in the afternoon. He checked his phone to see if there was any messages from Mozzie or from other contacts. Nothing. He decided to waste time by going to take a shower. He always did think better when he showered. He stood up from laying on the bed and began to undress as he stepped in the bathroom. Clothes littered the floor as he reached to turn the knob on the shower. Scorching, hot water began to come from the shower head -- making the room steamy. A grin grew on his face as he stepped into the fiery shower. Water cascaded down his body as he ran his hands down his hair. His skin began to turn into a slight red-ish color due to the temperature of the water. He sighed contently as he picked up the shampoo bottle and began to wash his hair.

Thoughts that involved tommorows events filled his head. He hoped that nothing went wring tommorow. He didn't feel like going to jail... again. He shuttered at the idea of going back there. He was glad that they didn't know who he actually was. They just read that he was a random guy from Washington. He was lucky that some of his "friends" bailed him out. The only thing he didn't like was that he needed to change his appearance in order for them not to recognize him. He needed to grow his hair out-- something that he hated. He didn't like his hair reaching his shoulders, it made him feel very... gross. He was just glad that was over.

He took about thirty minutes in the shower, letting himself think of tommorows events. He walked out of the bathroom in black boxers and white socks-- he didn't like sleeping in pajamas. He preferred to sleep freely, with nothing constricting him. Daniel was still drying his hair with a towel as he checked his phone once more. Again, nothing. He sighed and laid on the bed. He thought of sleeping, so that he could wake up extremely early in the morning. He'll need to make sure he had everything at his disposal. He placed his arms under the pillows that supported his head as he stared endlessly at the ceiling. He raised his phone and put on some good ol' Frank Sinatra. He always had a soft spot to those old romantic songs. He sighed contently as he heard that rich voice fill his ears. Ironically, it was New York, New York. It almost made him miss his home in The Big Apple. He knew that his brother was well after the shit he had gone through with Afghanistan and The Battle of New York. So, he didn't have to worry about him at all.

He didn't want to get attached to something that will lead him to his downfall. He was at the top of the world. He is getting stacks of money coming in, his reputaion is well known through the underworld of crime. He hasn't gone as far as murder, something he was proud of, the most he has done is torture. The torture he had done was nothing compared to other's work. He always did leave his mark on the person when he was finished with them. He wanted to make them remember what would happen if they were to wrong him again. Just as he had his good side, he had his bad side. A side that he has clung onto for so long. If he were to let go of it, he'll lose control of it. Letting himself wreak havoc around the world.

Daniel closed his eyes at the thoughts that spiralled in his head. He had a smile of content before he began to fall into a nice, deep slumber. A slumber that was filled with nothing, but good dreams such as memories and his deepest desires.