Chapter 7. Worthless or Weak

Melanie P.O.V
Andy....he likes me. I haven't been able to get him out of my head since we made contact in the library. It makes my chest blow at the thought of how much he likes me. He knows about my parents beating me, and yet he still comes and makes sure that I am okay. What did I do to deserve him?? Andy says, all he wants is me. When did life become so joyful. Since you met him...idiot. Andy has been looking for someone to love him, not for his money. Then it hits me. How does Andy make money? I suppose he makes a lot, other wise he wouldn't be looking for someone. I'll ask him when he gets back. I am currently on my hospital bed looking out at the beautiful city lights in NYC. I smile, it looks beautiful from above ,and on television, but there is still a lot of violence. Violence is the reason I am in here, in the first place. I look down at my chest, that is rising and falling as I breath. It is covered with a blue hospital dress, that is quite uncomfortable. What happened to my parents?! What if I they force me to stay with them, and not with Andy?!
I have to talk to Andy about this. I cry as I think about how horrible it will be if I go back to my parents. They will beat me harder than ever.I start to panic. What will happen?! I look down at my chest again, rising and falling faster now. Will you stop rising and falling? I start to cry more. My ribs began to ache so I force myself to stop. I breathe in and out deeply, calming myself down just a little. If I don't stop panicking, my anxiety will go out of control, and I don't feel like calling a nurse in. Think, think Mel! Then Andy's smile crosses my mind. My breathing slows, but my heart is pounding. But it is pounding because his smile. Your still not calm enough! I think of the small details of his face when he smiles, his small dimples, the wrinkles that form when he scruches his eyes, his pink, pierced, and plump lips pulled back to show his pearly white teeth. I find myself smiling, but I am still breathing hard. Yeah, my anxiety is that bad, when I start to panic. Then his words cross my mind.
"If you ever feel worhtless or weak, just think about everything you have been through. You have been through shit, yet you can still live and smile through it all." That's it. I am calm. I am exhausted though. I feel my eyes, slowly began to drift close, and enter my world of dreams. I dream about Andy, and every little detail of his smile. And I can tell this is going to be my best sleep since a very long time. But not before I hear a car motor going fast down the highway, and cars honking at it. It is play "Antivist" by Bring Me The Horizon. I smile before drifting off into an amazing dream.

Andy P.O.V
We are speeding down the road, just for no reason. I am waiting for Ashely to finish tracking Melanie's parents. Those fuckers are going to get it. I will probably get one of the girls in my gang to torture the mom, because I don't believe in hitting women. But that sick excuse for a dad obviously doesn't.  This causes me to clench the steering wheel.
"Ashely, hurry!" I growl.
"Andy, calm down."
"I can't... I can't forgive anyone who hurts her."
"We know man, now that you've found her, we will do anything to protect her."
"Thanks, I really appreci-"
"Got the sons of bitches!" Ashely yells. I pull over to the side of the road, and look at Ashely waiting for him to tell me where they are. He just looks at me, and I get impatient.
"What?" He ask. Jinxx snickers.
"Tell me where they are, asshole!"
"Oh...they are in the county jail...not far from the hospital." Right when he finishes I start the car and speed down the highway. I am going so fast, that I can't even see the buildings we fly past them. Asheley and Jinxx have smirks on their faces. They love the speed. I push the radio on and the song "Anitivist" by Bring Me The Horizon come up. I turn it up almost all the way, and roll the windows down. We all sing along and Ashely sticks his middle fingers out the window while singing:
Middle fingers up, if you don't give a F*CK!
I just laugh at his stupidity. Then we pass the hospital, and I look at it as we pass by and smile.
"She's safe man." Jinxx says.
"I know." I say as I glare at the county jail, that was only 2 miles away from the hospital. I tell Jinxx to wait at the door.
"When I get out, you grab the girls hands and cuff them." He nods.
"Ashely be ready to open the door and knock 'em out once we get to the van." I give a rag to Jinxx to cover the girls mouth, while I have one in my back pocket for the man. I walk in and everyone immediately freezes.I smirk and yell:
"Where are the abusive parents?!"
A fat cop comes up to me and tells to follow him. He leads me to a cell that has two people in it. The man is around 5'3, and the woman is 4'8.
Now I know where Melanie gets her shortness. I look at the woman, she has black messy hair, and brown eyes.
The man, has dark brown hair, and there they are, the forest green eyes.
You can tell the were once attractive people, but drugs and alcohol got the best of them. I turn to the officer, and he looks at me.
"How much to bail?"
"On-one hundred fif-fifty." I pull out a hundred dollar bill and three twenty's.
"I'd like to bail them, and keep the change." He looks at me in disbelief.
"Now!" I growl. He pulls out a key, and sticks it in keyhole. He clears his throat and says:
"Congratulations, you've been bailed."
They look up at me and stand up. They smile at me, and I visibly cringe.
"Follow me." I say through gritted teeth. They follow after me happily while babbling.
"Thank you sir, you don't know how much we hate our daughter, the whore got us stuck here." My fist tighten and my breathing becomes hard.
"What is your daughters name?" I say.
"Melanie, Melanie Grace Martinez." By the time they say her name we are outside. I nod tword a dark corner, which I know Jinxx is in. He comes out cuffs the woman and sticks the tag in her mouth, and I do the same. The street, and parking is vacant because it is three am in the morning. While we hold them back from running their muffled screaming fill the close space near us. I nod at the van and Ashely opens the at the car, and comes running out with a baseball bat. He hands me a bottle for the woman, since we don't hit women we will just knock her out using this stuff. I toss it to Jinxx and he holds her with one arm, gets out another rag, poor's the fluid on it and put's it over her nose. She is unconscious within seconds. I look at the man and whisper in his ear:
"Word of advice, don't trust strangers, and don't ever fucking touch Melanie again." I let him go and he runs tword Ashely who is ready to swing, and hits him in the head. He falls to the immediately.
"Good job guys, you load them in and I'll go warm the car." They nod and then are about to protest but I am already in the car. I hear them groan as they lift the bodies, and I laugh at them. Ashely and Jinxx flip me off, which causes me to laugh harder. When the finish, they get in the car they glare at me. I chuckle.
"So, I'm going to stay at the hospital until Melanie is out, Jinxx cancel all my meetings and Ashely bring me spare clothes later." I say this as we drive to the hospital.
"What do we do with these fuckers?" Ashely ask as he points to the back.
"You know what." He nods his head as we pull up to the hospital. I get off and Ashely takes the wheel.
"Don't crash, Ashely."
"You got it." I wave by and Ashely turns on the radio, and sticks his middle finger out with Jinxx while singing:
Middle Fingers up, if you don't give a F*CK!!!

idiots.....
_______________/\__________________
Thank you everyone for supporting my writing, and motivating me to keep on. It makes me very happy and eager to write another chapter.
Once again thank you so, very much.
×a-dreamingcorpse