Chapter 14.Shower

Melanie P.O.V

The same evening.......

I awoke to the sound of a type of pitter patter as if water is hitting the ground, as if it is raining. As I continued to hope that the sound would disappear , of course it continued. I groaned lowly into the soft pillow that was beneath me, and turned over so that I was facing the large window that is displayed next to my bed. I opened my eyes in a slow movement, and looked out the window. I am rewarded with an amazing view of twinkling lights, and powder white snowflakes littered across the streets. Well, it's obviously not raining. I think as I look around the plain hospital room,cautiously. The white walls are almost blinding, and paintings of nature are splayed across the room every now and then. There is nothing in sight, like at all. It scares me because I keep getting hit with the feeling, that I am forgetting about something. I sit on the edge of the bed and continue to wonder. Then it hits me! Andy! I look around the room quickly, but he is nowhere to be found. That is until I see steam seeping under the cracks of the wooden door that leads to a personal bathroom. All of a sudden the pitter pattering stops, and realize that it was the shower running. I stare at the door in silence for a couple of moments. My heart is pounding in my ears, and I really don't understand why. The door is still closed, but I still hear the sounds of zippers, shuffling, and the clanging of metal. I then started to get confused. What hell...  Suddenly the door is pushed open,and steam snakes out of the door and onto the walls. A painting hanging above the door is tackled with steam, causing the glass splayed across the painting to become translucent. I continue to stare at the door in confusion, until Andy steps out in nothing but tight  boxer briefs.
Dear lord, help me.  I stare at his lean body, his tempting body that I want to do nothing but hold all day. I guess that he doesn't expect me to be awake because when he looks up from his phone he seems to be surprised that I  am up and giving him a look that says I am ready to pounce on him. His eyes visibly darken, and he clears his throat loudly.

"I didn't think you'd be awake."His voice is deep and raspy
"Me neither, I thought you'd still be in bed with me." that sounds weird. .
His jaw locks in place  and I ponder if  I upset him or not. I smile tiredly and slowly lay back down making sure to leave space open for Andy. I feel the bed slightly cave in at my side, and smile once more. Andy's strong arms wrap around my hollow stomach and pull me closer to him. I gasp and feel my cheeks heat up as I feel that he didn't bother getting dressed. I feel his Barr chest vibrate with laughter and bite my lip to keep myself to keep my cheeks from hurting more than they have for the past few  days. I am not used to smiling so frequently.
"Sleep..." I hear Andy's raspy voice whisper in my ear, deprived from tiredness. "OK." I whisper back turning around and peck his soft lips before slumber furfills me.