Chapter 17. Maybe I Should Change My Last Name

Melanie P.O.V.
We have been sitting in the cafeteria for about two hours, and I was loosing my patience by the second. My foot was tapping obnoxiously on the tile floor while I watched the small digital clock by a food counter change numbers dangerously slow. I swear I want so badly to punch whoever put the damn clock there. I scowl at the clock as it finally changes to a different number. I sigh and put my head down on the glass table, drowning myself in the voices of the people around me. I imagine everyone as bees and their rushed whispers turn into low buzzing. I smile softly and continue to listen to my little worker bees, until I am pulled out by a small caress on my back. I look up and see sky blue eyes staring at me. My oxygen collapses in my lungs as they continue to stare at me. The eyes get lost near my face, and I feel a warm gust of air against my right cheek.

"Breathe Mel." I feel my face heat up, Andy pulls away and we continue to stare. Our faces inching closer, and closer. My eyes go wide as I hear my own heartbeat in my ears, and feel my whole body rattle.
"A-Andy." I say hesitantly.
"Yes, Melanie?" I clear my throat.
"W-well, we're in public-"
"And?"
"Um...well, this isn't really the time to be rubbing your hand up and down my thighs." My face because as hot as a damn desert, as I whisper the words very quickly and with urgency.
"O-oh." I hear Andy say, or more like groan. I avert my eyes up to his face to find out that his face has disappeared in the palm of his hands. I grabbed his hands and find that his face is a little red, and that he has a nervous expression on his face.
"Andy?"
"Shhhhhh..."
"O-ok." I watch as his hands go toward my face, and I almost instantly flinch but that doesn't stop Andy from grabbing my face and pulling it towards his. He softly molds our lips together and moves his head to deepen our small session. I hear the clearing of throats, completely forgetting that Andy's four best friends are still there. I hear a loud raspy voice clear their throat, when I opened my eyes I see the four other men right next to us. I jump up in shock and almost choke on my own spit, after I quickly pull away. I look down embarrassed, but I feel a rough hand push my chin up and once again am met with a beautiful pair of blue eyes.
"Don't look away." I gulp quietly, and keep looking at his eyes. I feel like if I look away, anything could happen so I just stare. When I star into Andy's eyes I feel as if I am lost in an ocean, but I don't suffocate instead I feel warmth spread through every particle in my body.
"So we're here..." I hear Jake say beside me. I finally look away and turn toward Andy's best friends.
"Hi." I say as I smile. They all smile back at me and head back to their seats that are vacantly sitting across from us. Andy and I are practically stitched together, our legs and shoulders pressed against each other's. I can feel the presence of Andy's arm around the back of my shoulder, while his other hand is stretched across his lap in order to intertwine our fingers together. I lean my head against Andy's shoulder and find it very comfortable, and can't help but smile as I feel him scoot somewhat closer to me.

We share countless laughs together as we talk and share stories...except for me of course. I seem to zone out a bit, until I feel Andy shift under me. I look up and look at Andy confused, his expression is an angry expression. His face is expressionless, but I can see a thunderstorm in his eyes. I knock his thigh with our hands and give him a concerned look but he just shakes his head and zones back into the story. A wave of sadness washes over me. Does he not trust me? I look down, and feel tears in my eyes. No, Melanie you can't just assume things it could just be that he doesn't want to talk right at this moment. I reassure myself, and continue to listen to the story. About halfway through the story I get hit with the feeling that I am being watched. I quickly jolt up and look around feeling extremely bare and open, I search the crowd of people and look for anyone who might look suspicious. When I see no one I frown and return to the story after zoning out for what seemed like the hundredth time. However, I still look behind my shoulder every now and again.

"Melanie Grace Martinez, please report to the front ward to check yourself out; I repeat Melanie Grace Martinez please report to the front ward." The loud voice shrieks through the intercoms. I cringe at hearing my last name.I frown as unwanted memories flow through my head but I quickly shake my head and stand up. Andy and the boys stand up with us, and walk to the front. On our way I hear the the boys-including Andy- talking in hushed voices but I can still faintly hear them.
".....They know her name now, she's in danger."
"Andy,she'll be fine just relax."
"I can't they're after her and I know I can protect her but I will need all the help I can get."
"Don't worry we'll be here."
"Thanks."
"Just relax and don't worry no one is laying a finger on her."

I feel a lump for in my throat, as it becomes dry and difficult to hold my tears back. I let just one tear slip out and quickly clear my throat.

"Hey, guys?" Thank Panda God my voice sounds normal.
"Yeah Mel." I hear Andy answer.
"Maybe I should change my last name."