6. Who Would've Thought?

Had that really just happened? Had Nathan Goldberg kissed him? him of all people? Double D couldn't believe it; the moment was like a daze, and part of him wasn't even sure it had actually happened.

Nat was starting to get a little worried that perhaps he had crossed a line with the little dork. He was a straightforward person himself, so he wasn't always accustomed to thinking before acting. Nat went by his gut feeling, and his gut feeling was telling him that it was now or never.

He had been having a good time with Double D, and he felt that Double D was having a nice time with him too, and being Double D, the way he saw it, if he didn't want to kiss him / kiss him back, it would be clearly known.

In front of him, the beanie-wearing boy opened his mouth, trying with all he could to get any sound out. He closed his mouth, then opened it again, and finally he was able to say, "Oh."

'Oh? OH?! Honestly Eddward? Is that really all you can say at such a moment? You should be blowing up! That was....that was...JUST WHAT DOES NAT INTEND WITH SUCH AN ACT?!"

Nat let out a breathy giggle, "That good huh?"

"Uhh..."

"Or not?"

"I..."

"Double Dude, a full sentence would be greatly appreciated here."

Double D cleared his throat, "O-of course...I just...never expected that."

"Never?"

Double D nodded his head.

"I see... SURPRIIIISSSEEE!" Nat raised his voice, but not enough for an actual scream, and waved his hands in the air as he laughed; but then stopped once he saw Double D was still blank. "You ok man?"

"My friend just kissed me by using a childish Truth or Dare game...yes I am just spectacular at this moment Nathan, thank you." Double D didn't mean for his words to come out spiked with some venom, but they kind of did, and he felt horrible when he began to notice Nat's eyes become sad.

"I guess it was too much after all...I'm sorry dude. Won't happen again, I promise."

"What? No no, Nat, I meant...I...I'm just surprised that's all...I'd be lying if I said I was angry I suppose..."

"So...you're not mad at me?" 'Oh thank god...not sure if I would've been able to keep that promise for long...obviously I would've tried though!...For him."

"Yes Nathan, I'm not mad. Although...if you ever have the uhm...urge to repeat the k-kiss...please warn me beforehand..."

'Repeat? As in do once again? As in I can?' Nathan gulped and a bright grin took over his face, "Yeah! I've learned my lesson! Next time I'll warn ya, and if you thought THAT kiss was good, just wait until next time, cutiepie." Nat mockingly leaned in close to Double D once again and winked at the boy who now had bright cheeks.

"Nathan please! Let's just head back to our dorms..."

"Ooohhh fiiineeee."

The two friends stood up from their bench and headed back to their residence on campus. Edd was observing how Nat seemed to have a more... lively step as they walked along. His happiness was seeping from inside him and affecting his walk. Edd was another story, he still felt completely shocked, and dazed, part of him embarrassed, and maybe happy too just like Nat...but also confused and unaffected, it the last one made sense, which to him, somehow it did. The act itself took him by complete surprise, and so did the person who committed it, and although he must admit he didn't really mind being kissed by Nat, he also didn't feel like he melted; he didn't feel butterflies in his stomach, he didn't see a rainbow appear all of a sudden, or hear a sweet melody, nor did the world stop spinning, and all this made him conflicted.