9. Triangles are the Worst Shape

What the FUCK?!

No...no way...

DAMNIT, THIS ISN'T DOUBLE D.

Nat nearly screamed when he saw the person dressed as a frog in front of him outside the doors, but he settled for a subtle groan. 'Well...I guess I can't bitch at the guy for this...I mean, this dude DOES have a frog mask...just not the frog I'm looking for.'

He sighed and went back inside, feeling somewhat defeated. This was not going the way he would've liked; one second he had Double D right beside him, then the next he was pouring his heart out to Eddy by mistake.

Through all the mayhem, Nat had barely gotten a chance to really enjoy the party, and this annoyed him a little. Three hours had already passed and only three were left until the celebration was over at 1 a.m.

Perhaps this was the party god's way of saying "not tonight child, tonight you party hardy. Tonight, you will shake tha booty, look at tha booty, want tha booty, Lord, what a booty."

Perhaps this just wasn't the right time to tell that adorkable, gap-toothed, smarty-pants how he really felt.

Kevin pulled away from the kiss, but kept his forehead pressed to Edd's as they both regained their breaths and attempted to settle their hearts. Edd swallowed hard and slightly shook as his breath hitched on the way out his parted lips; he didn't dare look up at Kevin. What was happening? Why was he suddenly getting such affectionate gestures from his childhood fellows? What was going through Kevin and Nathan's mind?

'Oh no! N-Nathan...oh, not good, not good, not good, what do I do?!'

Kevin didn't say a word; he just closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Never did he ever think he'd be kissing 'Double Dork' at a Halloween party in College. Wasn't it supposed to be some gorgeous babe who made him feel butterflies in his stomach with the simplest of glances? Or a girl who idolized his athletic status and would be his number 1 supporter? - Not to say Kevin didn't like the attention he got from any girl, but even though he did flirt around with some of the girls from his old high school at parties, Kevin would've much rather have a solid relationship with someone who really knew him...which is why he liked Nazz for so long...but clearly that didn't work out. As for the butterflies in his stomach...well...there might as well have been a fucking monarch butterfly migration in there.

In that moment the party had gone completely forgotten; the blasting music was nothing but a melodic hum in the background, the beating of the bass synchronizing with the pounding of their hearts, reverberating throughout their ears and brains. Finally the silence became too much for the redhead, who cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck, separating just enough to see Double D better.

"Y-you ok the dork?" He asked with a nervous giggle.

"I...y-yes I-I'm fine. Quite alright. Yes." 'Goodness Eddward! What a bumbling fool you become when flustered! Honestly, your vocabulary is better than this! SPEAK MAN!' "K-Kevin, if you don't mind me asking...why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you k-kiss me?"

"Uhm...I kinda already told you why didn't I?" He chuckled, "In fact, I gave you many reasons why..." His voice become lower and more serious as he said those last few words, and his eyes met with Edds. They seemed sincere; there was honesty there...but...It was KEVIN. Edd was extremely confused.

"Yes, you did Kevin, but I-I suppose what I'm trying to say is that...well...I mean I was never even aware that you were g-"

"I'm bi, I'm...yeah. No, but I understand...believe me, it kinda took me by surprise as well but...I guess that's just the effect you had on me. I don't care that you're a guy. You're Double Dork."