Chapter Seventeen

November's POV
An hour later, my mom knocked on the door lightly and came in, walking over to my bed and sitting next to me.
She looked at the empty tequila bottle on the floor and just sighed, looking around my room and noticing the portrait of Taylor.
"When did you draw this?"
"A few weeks ago."
"For what?"
"A class."
"Why?"
"Because I chose to."
"Why Taylor?"
"Because I love her."
"Why do you love her?"
I sat up and looked at my mom who was still staring at the portrait and shook my head, sighing.
"Why do you hate her so much?"
"She is self destructive, November. She's a bomb waiting to go off and destroy everything around her. Including you." She turned around and pointed at me whenever she said 'Including you'.
"I wish you would just find another girl like Sam. Nice, kind. Normal." She said and I was done.
"Taylor is one of the nicest people I've ever met. She's kind to the people who deserve to have someone be kind to them and yeah, she's not normal, but she's better than a slut grinding up against me whilst being drunk, isn't she? Yeah, she is. And we both know that Sam wasn't normal, either, so don't even bring her up. You barely knew her, you don't know Taylor, and you don't even bother about knowing about me so you can shut the fuck up."
"Oh boo-hoo, your girlfriend drowned on the last day of summer and you didn't get to say goodbye. She didn't give you a kiss on the forehead and tell you she was going to die. You don't see anyone else crying about her four months later, do you? No. So I think it's time you get over her, Sweetie. Time to play a game called 'Real Life' where you get over it and grow up instead of trying to commit suicide. Pay attention because no one is going to give you a second chance and everyone is going to leave you. Everyone is going to stop caring, everyone is going to stop trying on you, and everyone is going to stop giving you sympathy."
"Get. The. Fuck. Out. Now." I said and shoved my mom out of the room and taking the tequila bottle from her hand, downing the little bit that was left.
I called Taylor and she picked up on the fourth ring.
"Hello?"
"Taylor, I need to tell you something."
"What?"
"I fucking love you. Don't. Forget. That."
I hung up to a confused Taylor on the other end and climbed out my window, running as far as I could from this sick place.

This sick, sick place.