Chapter Eighteen

Flashback
The day Taylor's dad was killed
Taylor's POV
Mom looked at me with a smile and laughed, hugging me and walking upstairs into her bedroom to take a nap.
I walked into my room and laid down on my bed, looking up at my blank ceiling in silence. The wind blew lightly outside and there was a quiet knock on the front door.
"I'll get it!" I yelled and ran to the door, opening it.
"Yes, officer?"
"Is your mom home, sweetheart?"
"Yeah, give me a second."
I closed the door and called Mom down and after a few minutes she was down here with me and we opened the door again.
"Are you Mrs. Marissa Hawkins?"
"Yes."
"I'm sorry to report this to you ma'am, but sadly your husband and father," The officer looked down at me,"Has gotten in a severe car accident. A drunken driver in a SUV swerved on the road and they both went flying. We don't think he'll survive but there is a small chance. We thought you might like to see him."
Mother slammed the door and ordered me to get a jacket and be in the car in five minutes or she was leaving without me.
I followed her command and we were speeding to the hospital.
When we arrived the receptionist guided us to his room and Mom sat down in the chair outside of the room, breaking into a fit of tears.
"I can't see him like that. All helpless and.....dying. Go in without me." She said.
And so I followed her orders, mustering up the courage to turn the door handle and walk into the room.
Dad was laid there on the bed, multiple medical things going into him. I couldn't take it.
But I sat down in the chair next to his bed, taking his hand in mine and thinking of all the things I could say that I never did and all the things that I wanted to say but couldn't because I was too afraid.
I sat with him like that for hours, holding his hand and apologizing about things I felt bad for and telling him sweet nothings and things that I never wanted to tell him but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't.
A doctor walked in and told me that visiting hours were over.
"Please, doc, just let me stay five extra minutes. This may be the last time I ever get to see him before he dies."
"Okay, fine, but five minutes only then you're out."
I squeezed my dying father's hand and his eyes fluttered open for a split second.
"Tay?"
"Yeah, Dad?" I asked on the verge of tears.
"Wear something bright to my funeral, like we talked about."
All the life in my father's hand was gone instantly and a loud beeping noise was heard, long and all. My father had just flat lined. Right in front of me.

I just lost my father.
------------------------------
A/N Did you guys like it? Btw sorry for it being so late haha but Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates! And when I said Taylor was on the verge of tears whilst talking to her dad, the moment was so real for me because even I was about to cry and I felt the pain that Taylor did. Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed!