Back Together Then Torn Apart《Beast! Wirt X Thief! Reader》

You grabbed the small sack of gold that you had stolen from the bank of your town. You were known as the mysterious and mischevious girl in town. In other words... a trickster.

"Get back here, you brat!" A villager screamed at you. You ignored him and climbed over the wall. Thanks to the vines and broken parts that stuck out and served as some kind of rope.

You made it over the wall, dropping the sack of money then jumped down and picked up the money.

"Haha! You're nevah gonna catch me!" You laughed, putting your right hand near your mouth to make your words louder.

The sun was setting and you had to find somewhere to hide. You could still remember clearly, the stories your best friend told you about the uknown.

"It was super creepy! There are things out there! Things you've never seen before!" His voice echoed through your head.

But... he's been gone for atleast two years. He disappeared without saying anything.

You still missed him of course, you knew him since both of your were pretty young.

As you hiked around the mysterious forest, a faint light caught your eyes. You walked forward and saw a red lamp hanging on a branch. You walked over to it, taking it off the branch and checking if anyone owned it. You shook your head and continued your search.

"Hey!" A voice suddenly snapped.

You turned around only to be tackled by someone, and pinned to the ground, making you release the lantern in your hands.

The one who tackled you was some kind of humanoid, he had brown hair, a red pointy hat, a blue-ish grey cloack, but with two huge black horns on the sides of his head. His eyes glowing different colors, you gasped and stared into his eyes.

"You..." He growled at you. "Why did you take my lantern..." He spoke in a  whisper-y and echo-y voice that sounded all too familiar.

"Wirt..?" You finally spoke.

He stared down at you then gasped. "Y/N?" He removed his hands from your wrists.

"I'm so sorry." He pleaded.

"No, no, don't be."

"What are you doing here? You could be stuck here forever!" He threw his hands in the air, sitting next to you.

You sat up and looked at him. "What about you?" You asked.

"What about me?" He turned to you.

"You're here too," You took his hand, "We're here together."

"I missed you, Y/N." He hugged you.

"Where have you been all these years?!" You yelled at him, pullinf away from the hug and holding his shoulders.

"I've been wandering the forest. Trying to keep the lantern... lit...! Where's the lantern?!"

"Calm down... Wirt, it's over here." You handed it to him, closing his hand on the handle.

"O-oh. Thanks." He gave you the sack of coins.

"Well. I need to go. Bye, Wirt." You waved. He waved back and you walked away.

Wirt's POV

Goodbye... Y/N.

"What is wrong with me?!" I gripped onto my hair and kicked the ground. "Greg was right..." I sighed. "I really can't talk to girls right."

"I should've asked him for help. He was great at giving advice." I lied down on the grass, spreading my arms and legs. "Now he's gone. And I'm stuck here. BEACAUSE OF SOME STUPID DEAL!!" I yelled, flailing my arms in the air. I exhaled and stared at the star lit sky. "I'm sorry, Greg."

"Wirt... Hey! Wirt!" A high pitched voice interupted my thoughts.

"Greg? Greg?" I anxiously turned to find the source.

"Wirt! I'm right here!"

I turned and saw him... a ten year old boy wearing the silliest hat ever to be worn.

"Greg...!" I ran and fell on my knees before.

"I'm so sorry, Greg! Please forgive me!" I begged.

"Hey... Wirt... it's alright. But I have a question."

"What is it, Greg? I'm going to answer it. Just tell me." I was desperate. I haven't heard his adorable voice in two years, I wanted to just hear a little of it again.

"How is Jason Funderburker?"

"He's doing fantastic! I let him back out with his family and friends! That's what you wanted, right... Greg?"

"Oh... so you don't have him anymore..."

"You want him back? I can get him for you!"

"No. No. Wirt, listen to me... I need a favor."

"Tell me."

"I need you to confess your love for Y/N."

"What?!"

"Please... Wirt, do it for me."

I sighed and looked at him. "... Okay."

"Alright! Y/N went that way!" He pointed south. "Knock her dead! Brother ol' mine!" He faded away.

I got up on my feet and wiped my nose. "O-okay. Greg." I ran south to find her.

A/N

See. This is what I get for reading to many alternate endings for OTGW!! GREAT! Greg is dead and Wirt has become the Beast! Okay. Who wants a part 2?!