Happy Birthday!! 《Steven/Rose X Gem! Reader》

Note:

Italics - Flashback

Regular - Present

Enjoy.

Your POV

"Happy Birthday, Steven!" You greeted, along with the gems as soon as Steven stepped into his house.

"O-M-G!!" Steven squealed.

"We got a special cake!" Pearl exclaimed.

"Just for you dude!" Amethyst added.

You were holding the cake, since Pearl was holding a bunch of gifts that you spent hours looking and buying for, Amethyst was too lazy to carry anything, and Garnet was holding all the decorations.

You walked up to Steven and showed him the cake you baked for him. "See! Cookie Cats themed!" You gave him a closed-eye smile as you showed off the cake. "Ta-da!"

"Thank you!!" He pulled you into a hug. You blushed as you lifted the cake into the air so it wouldn't be ruined.

"Alright! Come on! Lets go to your party!" You smiled and lead him to the warp pad, Amethyst handing you a blindfold and you tying it over his eyes.

You warped Steven and the rest of the gems to a special place. That special place is where Rose took you and Pearl.

You were second in command of the rebelion five thousand years ago, close to Rose Quartz. She taught you everything she knew. At least you thought. You and Pearl were also close friends, considering Pearl and Rose were usually together.

The special place is where you played with Rose. Memories flooded to your head as you tried to focus and continued warping everyone, if you stopped focusing, the warp pad will disable and all of you will fall to the endlesss abys of nothingness.

"Y/N. I'm going to need you to take care of this," Rose handed you a flower, "I'm not going to be around any longer."

This confused you and worried you at the same time, it showed on your face.

"Remember that special place I took you before the war?"

"Y-yes, Ma'am." You said.

She closed your hand around the flower. "Plant the flower there and I'll always be with you."

You finished warping everyone to a place with beautiful green grass, a waterfall on a mountain, and one pink tree, blossoming with pink flowers.

"Here we are."

"Y/N. Please, I need you to trust me when I say you need to plant the tree!" Rose pleaded with you.

"Why?! What's going to happen?!" You cried out.

"Something! I can't tell you!"

"Why?! Are you leaving?!"

"No! It's not that!"

"You said we couldn't leave Earth! How are you going to leave!"

"Listen to me! I'm pregnant!"

"This is the place your mother told me to take you." You patted Steven's head.

"P-pregnant?"

"Wow! This is amazing!" Steven exclaimed.

"Yes. I'll be leaving this world, but my son will take my place."

Steven jumped and tumbled into the grass.

"Steven!" Pearl cried and ran after him.

You fell onto your knees and hugged Rose. "Please. Don't leave."

"Y/N! Are you coming?!"

You fell on your knees, trying to hold back your tears.

"Y/N... are you crying?" Rose asked in a surprised voice.

"Please. I need you here."

Rose placed a hand on your head and tried to comfort you.

You felt a weight suddenly land on your head, it was Steven's hand.

"Y/N. Are you crying?" He asked.

"Promise me you'll come back one day." You whimpered.

"One day. Y/N. I will be back."

"Come on, Y/N! We only got a day for my birthday!"

"Rose..."

"Yes, Y/N?"

"I'm going to miss you." You stared into her eyes.

"Oh Y/N." She embraced you in a hug.

Steven all of a sudden did the same.

"You'll always be my little starship." She whispered your nickname.

"Come on, Starship. Lets play, stop crying." He comforted you.

Tears built up in your eyes, you wasted no time fighting them and they fell right out of your eyes.

Steven released his hands and wiped your tears away.

"Don't worry Y/N. I'm still here."

A/N

Can I just say this.

WOAH.

I swear! I will not write anything sadder than this.