You are Enough [Pink Diamond/Reader]

A/N: the concept of this one shot is that the reader is a slightly defective quartz soldier, but still a very useful one. Got this idea after watching A Single Pale Rose and Legs to Homeworld has me on my death bed. Without further ado!

Pink Diamond was mesmerizing

She was beautiful, her hair, her voice, her eyes, they were so perfect, you expected nothing less from your diamond. She led her colony well, she treated her soldiers properly and she actually cared. And it was wonderful.

You, one of her thousands of Quartz Soldiers, were lucky enough to be assigned to a post so closely to Pink. You were usually stationed outside of her palanquin, making sure that no threat would even get close to your diamond.

Lately, though, Pink has been... quiet.

She's always in her palanquin, with her Pearl. You weren't permitted to enter the palanquin unless absolutely necessary, so you, with the rest of her army, were left in the dark for a very long time.

Until one day, you couldn't take it. You missed the happy look on your Diamond's face, you missed her gleeful laugh that sounded so beautiful genuine it made your chest skip a beat.

But you weren't supposed to do that

You were a quartz, you're supposed to follow orders and do nothing else but protect your Diamond.

Yet you wanted more

—x—

A few days before the last few quartz soldiers were due to emerge, you approached the palanquin doors. The other quartz stationed with you jumped, waving her hands to get your attention.

"What are you doing?!" She shrieked, "You cant go in there! It's against orders!"

You raised a finger and placed it to your lips, an action you've seen your diamond do numerous times. The other quartz seemed offended that you even dared to copy the actions of a Diamond, but you growled and knocked on the door.

Her Pearl was there standing at the open door a second later.

"Can I help you?"

You paused, 'Maybe this wasn't a good idea' 

"I... I need to talk to Pink." You blurted, what were you doing?

You winced and closed your eyes, already expecting the Diamond to stand from her seat and punish you right then and there for being so disobedient. Instead, you felt smooth, thin hands on your shoulders. They guided you inside and the door shut behind you.

Opening your eyes, you saw the Pearl standing behind you with an unreadable expression, but it almost looked understanding.

Pink Diamond was seated on a large chair, elbows against a table and her fingers lazily tracing the holographic screens in front of her. She glanced down and saw you, her eyes widened and you jumped slightly. "Yes?"

"M-My Diamond." You did the salute, crossing your arms together, "I— I think I—"

Pink tilted her head curiously, "Hey, it's okay. Slow down, say what you need to say." She smiles calmly, getting down from her seat and kneeling next to you. You felt something jolt in your chest and you felt like something was eating you from the inside, everything about this situation was wrong.

You were a quartz! Nothing more than a soldier meant to follow orders, but here you were standing inside the Pink Palanquin with Pink Diamond herself kneeling next to you. And you couldn't stop stuttering.

Pink's eyes looked straight at you, and something about them managed to calm you down. Taking a few deep breathes, you bit your lip, then opened your mouth and blurted: "I need to be shattered immediately!"

The Pearl behind you gasped, bringing a hand to her mouth. Pink's eyes went wide, "Wh-Why?" She stuttered, her expression was absolutely baffled.

"I'm thinking on my own!" You gurgled, your throat suddenly very tight, "I'm disobeying orders! I'm— I'm feeling things the other quartz's don't!" You gripped onto your forearm, very roughly. "I'm a defect!"

Fat, wet blobs rolled out of your eyes, they stung slightly and buffered your eyesight. You tried wiping the unfamiliar substance away but they kept coming, staining the palanquin floor. You couldn't see the Pearl behind you watching in shock.

This was it! It was over! You're about to get shattered

But you'd rather get shattered at the hands of your diamond rather than live a long life as a defect

"Oh, my dear quartz." Pink breathed out, putting a hand to her chest. "It's okay."

"Wh-what?"

Pink gently placed one of her fingers underneath your chin, lifting your head up. She used another to wipe away the water falling from your eyes. "It's okay, you're not going to get shattered."

"Wh-why?" You hiccuped.

"Because you," She placed two of her fingers to your chest, "Are enough."

"I am... enough?" You repeated, Pink nodded with a smile.

"I am enough." You said again, this time Pink clapped her hands excitedly.

"You got it!" She exclaims.

"Thank you, my diamond!" You looked to her with a determined grin, "I swear! I'll protect you with my life!"

—x—

You broke your promise

Mere days after your talk with Pink Diamond, She was shattered while you were busy fending off other threats. You returned to find nothing but broken pink shards on the ground. The Jasper with you wailed so loudly it was painful.

And you? You couldn't feel anything

With Pink gone, it was like nothing mattered.

And later that day, you were set to be shattered for not being able to protect your Diamond. At least, if there's something after being shattered, you might be able to join your Diamond, how you longed to cry into her arms.

You were enough, but now you're nothing

A/N

God, this was supposed to have a nice fluffy ending but I went on and ruined it smh