Arriving

Jacks POV:

     When we arrive at the hospital, they take him into ICU because he had already fallen asleep again. I try to be as calm I possibly can under this circumstance, but it is proven to be difficult. I sit in the waiting room for about two hours, until the doctor comes out and tells me that nothing is seriously wrong with him. 

"He cannot handle alcohol well, as he already knows. He last was here because he basically had a minor heart attack, and as told not to drink at all without taking his medication three hours before, and three hours after.  It is effective somewhat if you do it once, but with his severe intolerance, it would be better if he did it before and after. But he forgot both of them. Anyway, instead of his heart accelerating this time, it slowed too much, causing him to sleep, or what to sleep. He will be okay, but according to his quick brain scans, he hasn't slept in about three days. So the insomnia nights mixed with the alcohol, he caused a very drastic chemical imbalance. Like he said, he will be fine, but we will be keeping him over night until all of the alcohol is drained out of his system. We may have to do that with tubes if he can't stay awake long enough."

I nod and ask if I will be able to see him, or if there is anyway he will be staying awake. 

"He's currently awake, and he will be because we have given him medication to keep him awake. Yes, that could be dangerous if you are not medically supervised, so don't do drugs obviously. But we can only give it to him once a day to keep him up long enough to sleep and whatnot."

I nod again, and he leads me to his room where he is awake and sitting up. I feel tears stinging my eyes. 

"Mark, I have to talk to you."

His heart monitor gives away his heart beat. He closes his eyes and laughs quietly. "What do you need to talk about, Sean?"

"I have to go home today, Mark. I have to go back to Ireland," I smile through the tears. I bring my sweater-covered hands up to dab at the tears in my eyes. 

When I look at Mark again, he is tearing up too, every former trace of humor is gone. He stretches one arm out to me. I walk over and he pulls me to him. He moves wires and tubes out of the way, and scoots over, allowing me to lie next to him. Neither of us cry, we just sit there in silence, him holding me tightly, knowing that when I leave, I won't be able to come back for quite a while, what with the prices of travel. We don't talk. Joke. Or move. I roll over to check if he's fallen asleep after a while, but he is still wide awake. 

He looks down at me, and I stare into his brown eyes. "I don't want you to go, Sean." I giggle softly. " I don't want to go either, hon." I bury my face in his chest for a bit until I hear...

 "So don't leave. Stay with me, Sean."