Sonic's Awake!

---Tails' Lab 12:45am--

The blue hedgehog awoke slowly, his green eyes opened to a dim but eggshell blue lamp light. He inhaled sharply and blew out his breath shakily glancing around the room. It didn't seem too foreign to him actually, nothing too bizarre in fact the gadgets and machines littered about the walls and corners or the room looked sort of familiar.

Where am I?

He thought sitting up and getting a spell of vertigo. His body felt foreign for a few moments as if he was learning how to coordinate his limbs for the first time again. He let his head tilt side to side and he pointed his feet down to the floor and then back up. After working out his fingers he wasn't sure if moving about to explore was safe just yet or if he should just stay put.
After a few moments of nothing, he got bored, his curiosity grew and he slid himself off the table to look around. He checked out the gadgets on the wall and snooped around in some drawers with a lot of spare parts. He figured he was in some kind of mechanic shop and he wondered into a bigger room with bigger machines. A yellow propeller plane with a symbol of two furry tails on the tail of the plane that was parked in the middle of the room.
"Wow..." He studied the plane more to find the name of it on a plaque.
"X-Tornado?" He read it and looked back up at the plane. The name some how made him remember something, something important, but it was just the feeling, the identity of why was still a thick haze. He couldn't quite grasp the thought and look at it clearly. But there was something about it, the name of the plane triggered other natural disaster names like the typhoon. Sure enough as he looked about the room more, he found a machine named: Blue Typhoon.
"Have I seen these before??" He scratched his head sitting down for a while. What did he remember?

A blast, loud and a lot of light. Some one yelling at him. Who? What was they saying?  His name! He thought harder triggering a verbal flash back.

---Verbal flash back.---
???: Sonic? SONIC NO!!!
Sonic: Sayonara ----- the Hedgehog.
---End---

"Darn it..." he opened his eyes. "A blank... What was the hedgie's name!?"  He went into thinking position with frustration. But all he remembered after that was another planet. With extra terrestrial beings more blanks in his mind and then waking up here.
"I don't remember anything! Who I am, where I was, where I am now!" the room began to spin.
' Calm down...' He thought, 'I couldn't just wake up some strange place and not remember a thing so suddenly... who ever brought me here is sure to come back. And hopefully I can get some help.' He sighed walking back to the gadget filled room and found a chair. He sat down feeling vulnerable, stripped of his knowing. He wasn't tired, but it was best to stay in the same room so the person would find him easier. And who ever this person is, he hoped they had a good deed in mind.

--

"Shadow! Shadow wake up!" Tails shook him gripping his fur in little fists.
Shadow answered with a crackling irritated hiss trying to push him away and turn around for more sleep. But Tails held him harder.
"Shadow, it's about Sonic!" Tails pulled the hedgehog out of the chair. Shadow gasped as he felt himself scoot off the cushion his eyes popped open mid-fall and he tried to reach for the chair as he hit the floor head first.
"Ow!"
"Sorry! B-but it was the only way you would get up." Tails crossed his arms having tumbled back when he used all his might to actually move the hedgehog out of the chair.
Shadow wasn't thrilled about the awakening at all, and now his head throbbed with a headache as he glared at the kid fox practically baring his incisors and his quills jetted up in all directions.
"It's about Sonic." Tails repeated his reason for waking the dark lord of forbidden early morning risings.
"Fine, I'm up..." He quickly calmed himself corrected his composure getting to his feet with a yawn and stretched his arms above his head then rubbed the sleep from his eyes.
"Sonic is awake! I saw him!" Tails exclaimed excitedly.
"Did you talk to him? And do you have any coffee around here? What time is it?" Shadow's eyes still rested half open fighting the heavy sleep wanting to yank him back down into his nightmarish dream land.
"Well...I, um. No actually I-I'm nervous..." He bowed his head and didn't feel like Shadow's other questions just weren't important enough to answer at the moment.

Shadow shook his head muttering under his breath already agitated and walked to the back where they had put Sonic, Tails followed behind him fidgeting with his index fingers.
"Why're you nervous? It's Sonic." Shadow reminded.
"It's been four years Shadow... Things change, what if he's not the same as we remember, what if I've changed and he doesn't remember me??"
"Bosh the slightest difference in you was your height."Shadow opened the door and pushed Tails in. "Get in there, if he's forgotten anything you'd be the one to jog his memory for sure." He said with a whisper, "and don't worry I'm right here."
Tails put his ears down and began to play with his tails as he turned to look in the lab as Shadow stayed several paces behind him and turned on the light.

Sonic had been sitting in the chair having fallen back into a light sleep from waiting six hours, but awakened when the light had turned on from above. His head shot up as he looked around, and then saw a small fox step into view.

"Sonic?" The fox said with sad eyes.
He looked around and then stood up, "Who are you?"
"Wha!?" the fox gasped and instantly ran out of the room overwhelmed with his thoughts and emotions.
"Wait!" Sonic called but was left alone.

"He doesn't remember Shadow! He doesn't know who I am!!" Tails cried in Shadow's chest fur.
"Calm down Tails!" Shadow pulled him away irritatingly, "You just instantly ran out of the room!?"
"I'm sorry Shadow! I just can't believe this is happening and he doesn't remember! He doesn't know who I am! What will happen!?" Tails cried harder when he yelled at him.
Shadow drew in a deep breath holding back all his urges to rudely lecture the young boy. "Okay okay, calm down, I'll take care of this. Watch t.v or something." Shadow set Tails on the chair and handed him a remote.
"B-but...I-okay..." Tails folded his ears agains his head bowing it low and toyed with the remote in his hands looking at it through blurred wet eyes.

Shadow walked in the room seeing Sonic sit on the chair looking quite confused and distressed.
"Hey." He called getting his attention. Sonic looked up quickly studding the black and red hedgehog.
"H-hi." He answered back.
"You don't remember anything do you?" Shadow looked around only finding the table to sit on, so he hoisted himself up and took a seat on the table.
"How do you know?" Sonic looked with surprise now.
"I had some amnesia once. I'm not sure how bad along you are, so can you tell me what you do know?"
Sonic looked down trying to think, what did he know?
"I know my name." He looked back up bewildered.
"Well that's a starting point." The dark hedgehog rest his elbows on his thighs and his muzzle in his hands watching him with those red eyes, "Does it trigger anything else?"
"U-Umm..." Sonic went back to thinking again. 'Sonic the Hedgehog.... I say it with pride, and there's a lot behind it, but all the details are missing.
"No... not really. It's all a blank." He sighed.
"Okay." Shadow thought for a moment leaving them in silence.
"That kid that came in here" Sonic looked back up to him, "I knew him?"
"Do you remember where you were before waking up here?" Shadow dismissed what he thought was an obvious answerable question.
Sonic shrugged feeling uneasy that his question was just over looked and this guy was making him feel edgy, he's a shady character, expressing his authority over which questions to answer or not.
"Yes, I was on another planet, Planet Elyts." Sonic crossed his arms beginning to show his defensiveness.
"And do you remember how you got there?" Shadow asked.
"No I don't remember that either!" He growled, "But the Elyites were MUCH nicer than YOU'RE being right now!" Sonic snapped frustrated that his question really had been over looked and now felt like a suspect in questioning.
Shadow's blood heated, this hedgehog didn't know all the trouble it took to get to him before he ended up in selfish hands that would use his lack of memory to their advantage or in a much heavier interrogation session. But again he disregarded his short tempter biting his tongue until he was able to find his sympathy for the pathetic fugue amnesia written hedgehog knowing at one time he was the same way and must have been just as irritating and a bother to others.  Just as he was about to explain the situation he was stopped by a loud motor flying over the house. Both hedgehogs looked up in question, and a little fear for Sonic anyway.
"Uh oh, Shadow!" Tails called from the living room panicked, "This isn't good, quick come and see!!!"