Sonics Sacrafice

-Space, ARK destination Mobius. Mission crash land, self destruct.-

"She won't listen to me!" Shadow yelled pounding at the ARK's control panel.

"Shadow, we have to go!" Sonic grabbed him away.

"Doom some how set viruses or melted wires!" He yelled over the sirens his thoughts being scattered, "Wait maybe I can fix this!"

"Run Shadow!!" Sonic pleaded still dragging him. Shadow stopped dragging his heal and he picked up his speed, now running side by side down the hall.

"Shadow, the ARK is going to kill everyone, we have to destroy it!" Sonic said.

"No! I can-"

-Eclipse cannon activated set to detonate in t – 5 minutes.-

"Noooo!!!" Sonic cried. They picked up speed and finally made it out in the vast vacuum of space the ARK speeding past leaving them behind.
"Shadow!!" Sonic called while kicking his legs as if still running but not moving an inch, "We have to stop it!"
"Let's go Super!" Shadow growled. They summoned the 7 chaos emeralds and the hedgehogs became a blinding glow of yellow, like two flying stars they now raced to pass the ARK. With chaos energy they made a shield slowing down the ARK but the cannon gave off sparks as it charged almost to full capacity.

"Let me do this Sonic!" Shadow looked over at his pure yellow friend.
"What!? No, Shadow... we're doing this together!" Sonic shook his head.
"No I have too. Like a captain goes down with his ship, I'm going with the ARK. It's the only way... I have to keep my promise!"
"Shadow, you... you can't give up your life like that! Who knows what will happen!? Y-You still-"
"My life goes to those on Mobius, and to you Sonic. You made me realize that. Thank you... now get out of my way before it's too late!" Shadow griped the inhibitor ring on his wrist. His full power plus the emeralds would let out an unmeasurable amount of power and the cause of harm could be unbearable.

"No Shadow! I can't let you do that!" Sonic stopped him. "Maria died so you can live, and bring happiness!"
"To save everyone to have another happy moment Sonic! This wasn't your destiny, don't try it!" Shadow warned.
"It's not fair!" Sonic cried.
"It's life Sonic! I had enough of it..."
"But Shadow you don't know what life is like! You never lived! Life is a wonderful and free feeling Shadow! I should know!! I can't let you do this! You haven't lived a real life and that will just haunt me forever!"
"Wha?"
"No! You never lived, you were USED!! From the time of creation Shadow... And Eggman took your life away when he woke you up! Everyone used and lied to you! That's not life Shadow... not all of it. Trust me! You don't know what it's like!" Sonic held Shadows forearms forcing the hedgehog to look at him.
"Sonic...?" Shadow looked in confusion, as why would he care so much.
"You haven't had a chance...Shadow... promise me..." Sonic's voice was now serious more than panicked and tears streamed down his face.
"Wha-" Shadow tried speaking to an objection to what Sonic was about to do but his throat knotted and held his words back.
"Promise me you'll live life to the fullest!" Sonic pushed Shadow away and blasted himself forward to the ARK.
"Sonic? SONIC NO!!!" Shadow yelled as Sonic went out of sight.
"Sayonara Shadow the Hedgehog." Sonic's voice echoed Maria's goodbye. Shadow gasped and watched in amazement through the fire and energy shield.

"Chaos-" Sonic's yell was only a whisper through the loud noise. "Control!" With a blast suddenly the noise, fear, ARK, and Sonic was gone.

--Mobius--

"They did it!" The president exclaimed and clapped.

"Unbelievable..." The commander whispered amazed. Citizens clapped and cheered, there were instant celebrations.

--Space not so many miles away from Mobius' atmosphere...---

Super Shadow uncurled from his ball, in a daze, now in a panic he whirled around.

"Sonic!?" he called. The vacuum seemed to silence his call, "S-Sonic!?" he called again. But he was no where to be heard or found. Shadow's heart sank and he couldn't hold back his tears and he cried.

"Faker?" his voice shook trying to be heard from every galaxy away, but only came out as a muffled squeak. He gave up, seeing as how looking for him would be pointless in a never ending space and not the first clue to what direction to start in. He looked to Mobius and heard echoes, Maria's promise rang in his ears. "There saved Maria..." He whispered. "Isn't that what you wanted? Did Sonic--" he stopped and heard Sonic's requested promise. "I-I promise Sonic..." He bowed his head and flew to Mobius slowly.

--Mobius--

"Shadow?" Everyone stared in awe at Shadow his yellow glow fading. Amy ran in a panic parting the crowed. She looked beside Shadow to see her hero missing then her worried eyes met Shadow's melancholy frown and he his eyes drifted away avoiding her's.

"Shadow, what happened to Sonic?" She asked. Everyone leaned in to hear the answer to their same question. Finally the yellow glow left Shadow his dark black fur and his stripes of red became dull. His ruby eyes gazed at all the faces awaiting his answer.

"I-I tried to tell him no..." his voice shook feeling guilt and that others would pin his death on him.
"Shadow?" Tails looked up at him.
"He's gone... He saved us all, and died for me. When the blast was gone, so was he." Shadow explained choking back whines. Everyone held their breath in silence bowing their heads and Amy dropped to her knees in tears.

"W-Wait!" Tail sniffled his eyes held tears that over flooded his eyes. "S-Sonic wouldn't want us sad. He never liked to see anyone cry. Lets be happy, cry tears of only happy memories always smile. Our smile... that's all he needs." Tails explained holding his head high and let his tears fall with a soft smile remembering his best friend.

"He was the best rival a guy could have..." Knuckles threw a fist in the air.
"The best friend a nerd and two tailed freak like me could have, like a big brother..." Tails nodded and more tears came down.
"The worlds best boyfriend!!" Amy cried. There was an awkward silence and stares, but they let her have her moment.
"Marvelous protagonist an antagonist like me could fight..." Eggman wiped his tears.
"My only faker...." Shadow said in a whisper and looked down.