Planting Lies

Deco and Boco marched into the office of Eggman with a curious Sonic behind them. He was a little confused as to how a master of hiding from the government ended up working in the president's White House.
"Uhm guys this is really cool to be in the White House and all but I'm trying to get away from the government."

The robots chuckled before Boco turned his head back, "Sometimes right under their nose is the best place to hide!"
Deco knocked on the double dark oak doors in front of them, "Hello! Mr.President!?"
"The president?!" Sonic gasped, "A-are you guys sure about this??"
"You'll be fine!" Boco assured the hedgehog again before receiving an answer on the other side of the door.
"Come in! Come in!" Eggman called from the other side.
The three walked into the room seeing the round President in his office chair.
"Welcome! I hear you're in a little bit of a pickle my boy." Eggman seeped with falsified friendship, "Wait, first off I just want to say-" he fanned his lens covered eyes acting as if on the verge of tears, "just how happy I am to see you again! It's been too long!"

"Uh.." Sonic flattened his ears raising a brow feeling a little uncomfortable. Trying to reach his memories he came back with nothing but darkness. "S-sorry but, did I know you before?"

Hah perfect, he really doesn't remember anything! He might be worse off than Shadow was in this case. My plan can't fail now!

--Out skirts of the City--

Amy marched on in silence ahead of the two boys that seemed confused and concerned about her angered mood.
"Uh Amy, we can always try again tomorrow or-" Tails started.
"No Tails! We're already behind, and now I can't find him anywhere!" She hissed back at him.
"Well now who's fault is that?" Shadow stopped them from starting an argument, "We weren't the ones who decided to start a food fight like middle schoolers and take a whole TWO HOURS to clean up and find something else to wear!"
Amy tugged at the blue dress, "I know that was my fault and I'm beating myself up for it..." She sighed sadly, "We have to find him Shadow, he could be in trouble.. He won't remember who to trust and who not too."
"We'll call it a day and start again tomorrow, we'll rent a room somewhere tonight." He looked around the town area finding a small motel, old and small but cheap and with the needs to make it past a night.

"I want to keep looking..." Amy frowned, "At least until I lose daylight."
"Alright, Tails and I will get the rooms then." Shadow pat Tails' head and began to walk towards the motel.
"Don't stay out too late, or get lost, or talk to strangers." Tails smiled waving to her before following Shadow.
Amy watched them walk away until the became smaller in the distance. Turning around and taking note of how much light she had left she began searching. How does her 'Sonic senses' work you may ask? The mood everyone in the area plays a big part in it. Everyone who meets Sonic always has the look of joy on their face, whether it was because of his helpful good deeds or the simple fact of talking to a blue hedgehog that runs at super speed their faces always looked like they were looking back at a happy surprise party. The condition of the area's plants was also a big help. Depending on if he was running and how fast, some trees and bushes would lose lots of leaves or be bent in the direction he ran in due to the forceful wind that followed his feet. She also just liked to believe there was a heart connection that pulls her in the right direction or alerts her when she's too far away. (True or not the mind is a powerful thing and she believes so with every fiber it's true.)
At the few glances of the people around and the lawns and trees to her disappointment it doesn't seem like he's been in the area. But she wouldn't give up yet, the extra mile of always asking around would have to work before sundown lest she goes to bed down hearted.

"Have you seen a blue hedgehog?" She asked the people she came across receiving nothing but shakes of their heads and nothing more. "Oh Sonic... where are you..?"
It had carried on till night, the moon gave off just enough light to let the pink hedgehog wonder around only going where her 'heart' felt was the right direction, and half way asleep.

"Amy!" Shadow and Tails' voice made her jump and spin around. "You said until sundown, it is midnight! What do you think you're doing!?" Shadow huffed walking up to her quickly his red eyes glaring down with worry.
"I-I'm looking for Sonic! I know that if I just keep going I'll find him! He feels like he's just around the next corner." She began to walk away from him quickly.

"She's gone delusional." Tails pinned his ears back and ran after them as Shadow sped by her side talking some reason back into her head.
"Amy, we'll find him. But you need sleep too. We can't help him if we've exhausted ourselves by just looking for him."
Finally she stopped weighed down with defeat and disappointment that she hadn't found him within a day after so long, she began to cry dropping to her knees.
"Come on, I bet your feet hurt. Hey Tails why don't you do that impression of the 'Big Money Cribs" TV show you did earlier." Shadow helped her back to her feet after she dried her tears.
"Oh yeah!" Tails cleared his voice to sound like the announcer on the tv, "You'll love this crib Amy, it comes with a kitchenette, a bathroom with a loovely walk in shower, two twin size beds and a couch! But that's not all Miss Rose, with adjustable climate control and cable tv you'll be in the biggest money cribs 'motel version'! Roaches, possible bed bugs, lice and any other parasitic bugs and diseases are merely just a bonus!"

"WHAT!?" Amy shrieked freezing in her steps. Tails fell over laughing but Shadow didn't like the joke too much either, only because it would make Amy be more stubborn still a light smile hid at the corners of his mouth.
"Tails enough now. It's hard enough getting her to come back with us." He lightly pushed the fox as he laughed.
"It only has two beds?" Amy grumbled, this 'big money crib was nothing like the name; how dare they! "But there is three of us!"

"I'll take the couch." Tails offered.
"No no." Shadow shook his head, "I'll take the couch. The lady and child has to get the beds."
"Awe Shadow!~" Amy clasped her hands together, "what a gentleman!"
"Eh.." He shrugged taking the lead back to the motel room. 

--Presidential Suit White House--

"Doc- President! What are you going to do about Sonic's memories? What if he starts figuring them out?" The robots asked quietly.
"Oh not to worry, I've invented a special pillow for him. Hehe once he's asleep the pillow sends out a frequency that leaves him in the state of lucid dreaming. We'll whisper all the wrong memories to him and he'll wake up thinking he has gotten some of his memories back." Eggman explained.
"Ooh... But do you think it will really work??"
Eggman rusted the bots metal with an icy glare, "Do you not understand what an advantage we have here?! Of course it will work! Sonic has lost his memory- maybe even his common sense; having getting in the car and not even remembering you two! He's a perfect moldable piece of clay and I'll shape him into the perfect villain!" He spouted off in evil laughter.

After Sonic had finished a shower and was fed with the luxurious amount of food and settled into the large bed and felt like passing out. "Gosh what a long day... Well under the protection of the president himself seems to be the highest of security I can get. What a cool guy... A little strange and hmm I keep getting this weird prickling in my quills around him. I'm sure it's just all this stress from being hunted.. Some sleep will make things better." He settled in and hugged onto the pillow closing his eyes. Within seven minutes he was softly snoring with his arms sprawled in both directions.

"Now we put our plan into action!" Eggman cheered taking a mic and began to filter in the lies. "You can't trust anyone on this planet, no one but the president. Everyone is out to get you and use you for their own plans. They want to clone you, use you as a weapon of mass distraction! The only way to survive is to clean this world of users by collecting the seven chaos emeralds and bring them to Eggman. That is you're one soul chance at becoming free from everyone's grabbing hands for you. You must annihilate anyone who tries to get in your way!"

"Is it working?" Deco asked Boco.
"I dunno." The other shrugged watching the doctor continue whispering in the dark. "Well I guess we'll find out in the morning. I'm going to recharge my batteries and rest my sensors. Are you coming?"
"You bet I am!" The robots waved silently to their master and scooted off to put themselves on a recharge.