Blue vs. Green

His fading memories began to leave him cold and lonely as a harsh breeze seemingly coming from nowhere gave him chills. But it wasn't just the wind, a shadow stood over him blocking the light from above. He peeked his tired and burning eyes up to the green hedgehog above him looking down with a scowl on his face the shades hiding his eyes.
"Scourge? You are real?"
"Listen..." Scourge dropped himself to the ground and tore at the grass irritably, "I'm only doin a job."
"A job? What job? For who? I know my memory is a little shot now a days but as I recall you don't work for anyone but yourself. Do what you want when you want, that kinda stuff."
"Yeah well I am doin it for myself kinda, only cause I have to. For all these years somehow I still care about livin."
Sonic squinted his eyes in confusion to such vague explanations, "It's the president, isn't it?"
Scourge looked onward down at the shreds of grass in his palms not speaking, "Where were you all this time? Even I wanna know. When you left, everything everywhere changed."
"I was with these aliens. I wasn't very stable after whatever had happened. But they took care of me, and I helped them."
"Aliens huh." He shook his head seeming disappointed.
"Scourge, if you're in trouble" Sonic started getting the feeling that his mean green counterpart was indeed in desperate life threatening situations at this very moment, "Just tell me what it is, how can I help you?"
Scourge's eyes glared above the dark glasses, "Stop looking for your past, you already remembered all ya need to know. You just proved it, stop bein such a dense idiot and realize that already!"
"H-huh?"
"For your own, and everyone else's well bein, stop running backwards and look where yer goin or I'm gonna die! Everyone you truly care for whether you remember them or not, they're gonna die too, if you don't stop chasing yer stupid past and just go with the road yer givin right in fron'a ya."
"You're saying I should just forget?! Then what am I supposed to do!? I don't know what I'm doing here, what this planet even is and why I'm here!"
Scourge's brow twitched feeling a part of his patience just snap with a bolt of lightning he toppled Sonic to the ground, having already been sitting with each other luckily it wasn't a rough fall, however the fists that were flying across his face had made up for that.
"FORGET ABOUT REMEMBERING!!" He yelled, "YOU DON'T NEED IT! I don't have to remember what I did in my past, I know that if I was cleared of memory and I saw a damn position of power I'd risk my life and give it my all so I can rule over the worms! I'm a KING AT HEART! I don't need memory of an neglectful father who held royal statues before me to know that!!!" The brutal punches finally stopped and now he was just being pinched as Scourge grabbed him up to singe a stare into his eyes, "Do ya get it now!?"
Sonic was taken back, it seemed he had oddly grown comfortable enough with Scourge in the last day just because he'd been a familiar face of memory, that he hadn't expected him to be ... well just as his memory served, after all these years had gone by. With a bloody nose and muzzle all swollen Sonic let out a stifled whimper and roughly pushed Scourge off of him, looking at him with pain, both emotionally and physically as he started to feel his heartbeat bouncing off the walls of his skull. It wasn't only the fact he was familiar, but he reminded him of someone else. The distant attitude, there to help but 'don't get the idea I'm a nice guy' facade but truly, he was. But not Scourge... and for a while his memory must have got the two confused.
"Fine." Sonic growled gathering all the strength he had, which was not at all any left from the many nights he hadn't slept and constantly on the move, now beaten and feeling betrayed his eyes now stung from more than just the swelling of the wallops left behind but he held it back. Wiping the blood from his nose staining the white glove, "A person like you, saying to follow the heart, is that what's going on?"
"That's right blueberry, sounds lame as shit, don't it? Now you know how you sound all the time." The jagged toothed smile reappeared on Scourge's muzzle.
"Maybe you're right," Sonic grew angrier as his deep sadness had no way to release itself and so fed the harsh fires of irritation, "Right now, it's tellin me to kick your ass."
Scourge belted out with laughter, "Bring it on then!!"

Espio well hidden behind a rock and very confused radioed in to the rest of the team, "Scourge is out of prison?"
"WHAAAAT??!" Almost everyone answered back with disbelief.
"Oh yeah-" Jet answered back sleep still in his voice, "Forgot to mention that there was another guy to look out for, He was really fast, almost couldn't see him, thought he was talkin to himself."
"Are you trying to help or get us all killed?" Shadow's deep growl answered over the radio.
"Hey I was tired okay, I forgot!"
"There's something different about him- I mean he's the same jack ass we all knew years ago and he's still unstable, but I think he's trying to help." Espio watched the two hedgehogs clashing within the grass.
"What's he doin!?" Charmy asked excitedly, Vector napped on the couch but had woken when the radio became active and listened to the voices going back and forth.
"Well they're fighting, but he was telling Sonic to forget about remembering his past, and to follow his heart." Espio recalled the previous conversation.
"Easy advice for someone who hasn't lost their memory.." Shadow scoffed, "But it does have some truth to it in a way."
"Do something Espio! Scourge can kill him!" Tails panicked over Shadow's radio before it was taken away.
"Stay put! You might be able to get one hit in with the element of surprise but Scourge catches on quick, he'll discover you before he lets you beat him down. Unless he is dying, I want you to stay put."
"Roger that." Espio stated keeping hidden and looking up from the rock. The two hedgehogs now gasped for air and was obviously exhausted from overworking themselves.

"Had enough?" Scourge asked as they huffed watching each other for the next move.
"Yeah... actually I have." Sonic grunted resting his stance, "You're right. I'm wasting my time trying to remember, following a picture trail with someone lying to my ears all the time, contradicting everything I thought I knew."
"Yeah? So what're ya gonna do?"
"I'll find the emeralds and use them to get out of here."
"Coward!" Scourge hissed between his sharp teeth his ears flattened as he became more like a wild dog, "you can't run away from your problems, or your past, I'm much faster than you! I'll always find you! And I'll beat you until you can make me stop." Scourge lifted from his pocket a stolen emerald he'd gotten right from Sonic's back quills as they were fighting.

"Guys this isn't good, Scourge has an emerald!" Espio frantically alerted the others.
"Get me there right now!" Amy screeched, "I'll take him on!"
"Stay where you are Amy!" Shadow ordered, "You too Espio..."
"Shadow!!" Tails screamed, "He's gonna die!"

They clashed again spin dashes sending sharp zipping noises slicing through the air, and the smacking of leather shoes against fur and bone, the air being pushed out of each other, and the rubbing yells of two animals fighting to the death.. or near to it.
Espio waited trying to track the blue blur apart from the green one and notice his speed and actions, knowing he'd either collapse from exhaustion or from loss of blood. And he'd have to pull Scourge off of him so he'd manage to save the hedgehog. But soon they came to seeming another tie again... both of their bodies shook from both pain and the lack of energy that it took to move.
"I-If y-you needed m-my help..." Sonic's voice quivered only in a whisper, "y-you should h-have s-said so..." He lifted a fist with a trembling hand held out the ankle bracelet once clamped around Scourge's ankle hidden in his sock with a bomb armed and ready to detonate.
All Scourge could manage was a short gasp looking down at his freed ankle and relief of the constant anxiety of blowing up at someone else's whim.
"How did you know?" Scourge looked back up to see the blue hedgehog collapse to his knees.
"Cause..." Sonic huffed, "You were bein too nice. Next time just swallow some of your pride, instead of having me guess."
"This doesn't mean we're friends or anything." Scourge growled tucking the emerald into his jacket.
"H-hey, that's mine..." Sonic glared as he saw him pocket his gem.
"Yeah right! When you can take it back from me!" Scourge pressed his shoe against Sonic's shoulder giving him a nudge and let him fall over leaning over him, "Get some rest blue, think about what I told ya... It's a real cheesy line right outta your book, but I mean it. I'll be seein ya again." He straightened himself back to his feet and darted off leaving Sonic to pass out on the ground.