False Memories/Some Friends and Thieves

"Uh Mr. President this isn't going to hurt is it?" Sonic sat in the large chair feeling 'classically' small. A giant bowl came over his head covering his quills and eyes, stretched to electrodes and prods with a spindle of wire weaving to and from various machines in the room. It was dark under the bowl helmet blocking out noises and light he wondered if he was left alone. The feeling of his arms and legs being strapped in place and constructed tightly until he felt the pressure of his own pulse; rapidly increasing let him know he wasn't alone just yet.

"M-Mr. President?" He whimpered not hearing an answer to his first question and quickly reconsidering his decision, "I don't want to do this, we can find another way. Are you still here?! Let me out!"

"Sonic." Eggman's voice finally answered over an internal radio inside the covering bowl. "Calm down it's going to be alright. I'm right here with you. The restraints are to keep you safe or from sleep walking. I'm going to bring you into a sleep state, once that is achieved I'll send little electro waves to stimulate that memory part of the brain, it won't hurt; well unless you have some terrible and tragic past, but I'd be more concerned for the mental health rather than physical. Here we go now! You'll feel a tiny poke, this is just to get you relaxed and get you to sleep."

"No, no wait I don't want to do this anymore! Please- Ah! Ow!" Sonic yelped feeling the sharp sting of a needle in his arm.

"It's okay Sonic, you're just nervous it will be okay you'll see. Just listen to the sound of my voice~" Eggman smiled behind the mic watching the spiked vital stats on the screen, "Deep, slow breaths. Try counting to help. Did you know it takes on average seven minutes for a person to fall asleep? Every breath counts as a second. Ready?" He coached the panicked hedgehog on the verge of hyperventilation and crying. His shaky breath quivered from his chest as he followed the instructions as there was nothing else left for him to do. "Very good." Eggman watched the stats lower as Sonic began to calm down and the medicine activated in his system. Within the fifth minute, the hedgehog was calmly asleep.

"Are you really going to help him remember?" His assistant robots asked curiously.

"No, you idiots! He'll remember the past, but not his own. Hehehe" Eggman chuckled, "you know what I love about technology? Is that it's a false sense of security just like the locks on people's doors. Bring up Shadow the Hedgehog's past file. You know the passwords; they haven't changed the stupid passwords in over 50 years they're begging for easy entry."

"Shadow's past file?"

"That's right! We'll I put some false memories into this little one's brain. The Government killed his best friend, he's been contained and treated like a monster all his life, identity crises robot or flesh and blood? And.. well I'll make up a few more things as we go along!~"

"Oh, my. Are you sure it seems like a lot? Who knows how he'd react to such a thing... Someone experiencing so much pain all at once could have a high chance of committing suicide..."

"I'll take a fifty-fifty chance." Eggman shrugged, "stop questioning me now, follow orders!"

"Y-yes doctor..."

-Angel Island-

The peaceful nature of the island was disturbed by a loud arguing.

The piko piko hammer whipped through the air as Amy screamed and took a swing at Shadow who dodged the blow letting the impact shake the ground.

"AMY! You could have hurt him!" Rouge yanked her back.

"He could have killed us!!" She fought to get free again.

"Hey, you got us in this mess okay!" Shadow turned back, "your idea was to raid the White House on a hunch!"

"You followed along!" She cried.